Re: [OLmws] Re: Trouble with filters

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2006
      Old versions required that the author declare the overDiv positioned div, but it must be a direct child of the body element, and you get problems if it doesn't end up that way (as can happen inadvertently if the document is assembled via server-side scripting such as php or asp).  So I changed it such that the software checks whether it has been declared (for backward compatibility) and if not, adds it, making sure that it is a direct child of the body element.  This is discussed in the Getting Started support document.

      It is preferable to let the software create it.  Perhaps your problem was that it had been declared but not as a direct child of the body element.  In any case, if not declaring it eliminates the problem, then continue to let the software create it.

      Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 3:42 PM
      Subject: [OLmws] Re: Trouble with filters

      Okay, I got the javascript error to stop happening.  I found that I had this div tag in my code:

      I thought it was imperative that that div tag be on the page.  Apparently I was wrong.  Oh well.  Thanks for your time.