Re: [OLmws] Any way to adjust the ref positioning based on screen location

  • john31r
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2005
      Sounds like a plan. I started heading in that direction, but wanted
      to make sure this wasn't already readily available in the package
      somewhere that I was missing.

      Thanks!
      John

      --- In overlibmws@yahoogroups.com, "Foteos Macrides" <fote@m...> wrote:
      > John,
      >
      > Again, it would be helpful to have a URL which enabled us to clearly
      visualize the issue. But if I do understand you correctly, you are
      using REF-based positioning with REFC,'LR', REFP,'UR', and you want to
      change those string parameters for REFC and/or REFP if scrolling has
      created a situation such that the popup doesn't fit between the bottom
      of the REFerence element and the bottom window margin.

      > There is no current command structure for doing that via internal
      overlibmws code, but instead of using the strings themselves as the
      parameters for REFC and REFP, you can use functions which return a
      string (normally the 'LR' and 'UR', respectively). For each overlib
      call, those functions would compute the current distance between the
      REFerence element and window margin, and position the popup relative
      to the REFerence object accordingly.

      of another div and it works awesome. However, since it is sticky, and
      I have a context-menu also on the main div, I run into problems when
      the pop-up div runs off the bottom of the page and it gets forced up.
      (Essentially blocking me from seeing the original div...)

      > I'm using NOJUSTY for now, so that the user has to scroll, but it
      would be nice if it switched to snapping to the top right of the
      original div, instead of the bottom right, when it's location left the
      page.