Re: [OLmws] Re: Need help with print function

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 2:50 AM
      Subject: [OLmws] Re: Need help with print function

      Let me know if you want me to replace on my server the css version with your table-layout version or if you want to keep the example page on your server.
      Manon,

      The images are still being fetched from your server and it is still written in your personhood, so it makes the most sense for you to continue offering such a support document via your server, if you don't mind.  I can then make the PrintManonImages.html file on my server a relocation setup for ol_print.htm on your server, so the links in the support group's archive will all still lead to useful resources.  Remove the base tag from the head section when you have it at your site.  You of course can further modify it and add cross-links (e.g. to a tableless CSS version) as you see fit.

      I suspect that offering printable blowups via thumbnail image galleries will become an important use of the software.  The initial DHTML-based popups allow users to quickly and efficiently review the offerings with the author's intended caption and any other annotation before deciding which, if any, members of the gallery one wants to print.  I've been playing games with image swapping and directly-invoked window-based popups, e.g.:

      but reviewing such material can be slow going compared to using initial DHTML-based popups.

    • manon_purple
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Fote, I have the table version on my server now.
        And yes, I am sure the Overlibmws script will be used for image
        galleries. It is very versatile.
        Window-based popups are useful for visitors who have JavaScript
        disabled. In that case the window-based popups can open a new
        browser window and the information is still accessible. Using DHTML-
        based popups can be a risk from accessibility point of view.
        On some pages, where I use the Overlibmws popups for information, I
        make a separate non-script page where the information can be
        accessed as well. It all depends on the target groups of the website.
        If you are pretty sure your site's visitors have JavaScript enabled,
        the DHTML popups are the most beautiful and elegant solution.

        best wishes,
        manon
        --- In overlibmws@yahoogroups.com, "Foteos Macrides" <fote@m...>

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 5:58 PM

          Fote, I have the table version on my server now.

          http://www.purplespirit.com/overlib/ol_print.htm
          Manon,

          Thanks.  I added links to your thumbnail image gallery example document in the

          and

          support documents.