Problems encountered in IE8

  • afroze_kazi
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2010
      return overlib(menu.buildHtmlTable(pobjNode), STICKY, CAPTION, menu.displayTitle(), CLOSEEVENT, 'onclick', ALIASDIVID, pstrTagID, AUTOCLOSEPOPUP, RIGHT);

      I am using the following code for displaying the popup menu.
      The screen looks like a windown explorer where all the folders show up and when i click the folder, this popup menu displays.
      Works fine on IE7. It displays exactly just below the node being clicked.Even when we scroll the screen, the popup displays exactly at the node being clicked. But it doesn't do the same in ie8. The popup always display on the top of the screen just in one location.
      and the divtag passed is delared as follows....

      Any help on this will be appreciated.....
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2010
        The overlibmws library as distributed does not have ALIASDIVID or AUTOCLOSEPOP commands, so you appear to be using a version you modified, or someone else's modified version.  Without any knowledge about those modifications, nor the code for your menu.buildHtmlTable() and menu.displayTitle() functions, I can't even speculate on why IE8 is not behaving like IE7 for you.

        You might try casting IE8 to an IE7 compatibility mode via meta tags as described in:

        to see if that gets rid of the problem.