iFrame padding

  • Ghost
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2010
      Tiny problem i've been having with iframes in the popups, is that there is a small space at the bottom of the popup below the iframe. I've used "textpadding, 0" to get rid of the space around the other sides but some is still left at the bottom (it had extra to start with but I am not sure why)

      It can be seen on http://www.gnome-hovel.com/ when you click the log-in button at the top, the extra space is shown as a blue colour to make it easier.
    • Ghost
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2010
        Also it's currently set to refresh the page when the popup is closed, but if it's possible I'd like to have that only happen after the user is logged in (if it's closed before logging it there is no reason to refresh)

        And another place I am using them I'd just like the close & refresh to either be that or with a close link within the iframe, but I am not sure if a close link can be made in it?

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 9, 2010
          You are including TEXTFONTCLASS, 'blank' (and CAPTIONFONTCLASS, 'blank') commands in the overlib call, but I see nothing which provides access to CSS with a 'blank' class.  Also, you are using a very old, now obsolete, version of overlibmws.  When I get rid of the bad class commands and use the current version of overlibmws, the thickening at bottom goes away.

          If you upgrade to the current version of overlibmws and fix the CSS problem, let us know if your display problems go away and then I'll take a look at the close issue with that markup and javascript.

          Also it's currently set to refresh the page when the popup is closed, but if it's possible I'd like to have that only happen after the user is logged in (if it's closed before logging it there is no reason to refresh)

          And another place I am using them I'd just like the close & refresh to either be that or with a close link within the iframe, but I am not sure if a close link can be made in it?

          --- In overlibmws@yahoogroups.com, "Ghost" <darkwinterghost@...> wrote:

          > Tiny problem i've been having with iframes in the popups, is that there is a small space at the bottom of the popup below the iframe. I've used "textpadding, 0" to get rid of the space around the other sides but some is still left at the bottom (it had extra to start with but I am not sure why)
          >
          > It can be seen on http://www.gnome-hovel.com/ when you click the log-in button at the top, the extra space is shown as a blue colour to make it easier.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              overlibmws-digest@yahoogroups.com
              overlibmws-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Ghost
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2010
            I guess I should keep track of when the version is updated :) Anyways, I did that and made a proper class for it, the 'blank' class was from a different website that I had first used overlibs on and everything had just been copied over when I needed it on a new site for something.

            And in that class I set the line-height property to 0 and that has fixed the problem.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 10, 2010
              In your overlib call with iframe content, get rid of the WRAP command and use only the WIDTH command (as you presently have that command with its parameter equal to the width you specified in OLiframeContent, i.e., 280).  See the:
              support file.  What you presently have will cause the iframe content to be fetched twice.

              Your refresh on close of the popup presently is being done via your redefinition of cClick() in a script block in the file returned by:
              You could get rid of that script block, and the invocation of myCloseModal following the overlib call, and instead, via the php script which generates that initial iframe content and for the form submission handling that returns a failure page, you could include a call to parent.cClick() -- formatted as a link or button for closing the popup if the user wishes to do so instead of submitting or re-submitting.  When the submission is a success, the link or button instead would use a parent.location.reload() call so that a refresh will be done (closing the popup as well) when the user clicks that link or button.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 11, 2010
                Try this.  In the parent document use this script block:

                <script type="text/javascript">
                var cClickOld=cClick,refreshFlag=false;

                function cClickNew(){
                 var doRefresh=(OLshowingsticky&&o3_label=='refresh')?1:0;
                 cClickOld();
                 if(doRefresh&&refreshFlag){refreshFlag=false;location.reload();}
                 return false;
                }
                cClick=cClickNew;

                function myCloseModal(){
                 if(OLshowingsticky&&o3_modal&&OLmMask){
                  OLmMask.onclick=null;
                  return cClick();
                 }
                }
                </script>

                and have the iframe document returned on success set parent.refreshFlag to true.

                To keep the option of closing by clicking the modal, is it possible to set the label from the iframe's page when I want it to use the redefined cClick(), such as not having it for the login form, but setting it after successfully logging in?

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 11, 2010
                  I modified overlibmws_modal.js and updated the overlibmws.zip distribution at:
                  to support a MODALCLICK command for primary and secondary popups.  When included in the overlib or overlib2 call, a click on the modal shield will close the popup equivalently to (or in lieu of) a Close link within the popup.

                  In your case, you can include MODALCLICK in your overlib call and get rid of your myCloseModal() function and the javascript for it following the overlib call, relying solely on the redefined cClick() to refresh the parent document or not, co-depending on the popup's label and the parent's refreshFlag global.