Re: [OLmws] Re: Opacity

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2010
      The STATUS, AUTOSTATUS, and AUTOSTATUSCAP commands for setting strings to be displayed in the status bar depend on values returned by the overlib function.  Their intent is to show something more informative than "javascript:void(0)" when that is used as a "dummy" function for links which are intended to invoke a popup but not otherwise be an actual link.  However, because malicious sites might modify what's displayed in the status bar to obscure malicious links, modern browsers stopped supporting the javascript for setting status bar strings for internet documents, and may or may not support it for intranet documents.  So you no longer can count on any of those three commands actually working.

      When concatenating javascript calls for an event handler, if one of the calls includes a return statement, then nothing following its semi-colon terminator will get called.  And since your AUTOSTATUS command no longer is reliable, anyway, it's just as well to get rid of that command in your overlib call and the return statement associated with that call.

      Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 5:21 AM
      Subject: [OLmws] Re: Opacity

      It works great now :) thank you very much.

      Can I ask why the return needed to be removed, or why it is there in the first place?

      > You can concatenate the overlib / nd calls and the opacity commands, separated by semi-colons, for the onmouseover / onmouseout events, but don't put the return statement in front of the overlib call and remove its AUTOSTATUS command.
      >
      >  Fote
      > --

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional