Page Reloads when iframe appears only in Firefox

  • marcfleischmann665
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      On this site http://samsccs.service.com/catalogs/demo

      when you open the shopping list in a modal iframe (clicking on the "note" icon in the upper left corner) causes the underlying page to reload.

      This only happens with firefox. With IE and Safari the underlying page stays on whatever page of the flipbook you were on.

      I would like to get firefox to not reload the underlying page but have no idea what is causing it.

      Any ideas where I should look?

      Thanks.

      /marc
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
        Marc,

        You can eliminate that undesired reload with Firefox by including MODALSCROLL in your overlib call.

        That simply prevents the document's "overflow" style attribute from being set to "hidden" in overlibmws_modal.js, which by default is done to eliminate the scrollbars in addition to overlaying the modal mask.  Something in your markup or other javascript or flash is bringing out a bug in Firefox's handling of that style attribute.  I'll look this over some more this weekend, but am not optimistic about coming up with a 100% effective workaround for the bug.  If you want to make the MODALSCROLL command specific for Firefox, use:

        (OLgek)?MODALSCROLL:DONOTHING

        in your overlib call.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
          MODALSCROLL does the trick. Thanks.

          Now if I could only get the rounded corners to work in IE... :^)

          Thank you for the help.

          /marc