innerHtml

  • David
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2009
      I have been using overlib to great effect for some time.

      I am now battling with combining it with the use of Ajax. The Ajax aspect entails injecting substantial content into a <div> by way of using innerHtml which, superficially, works well. The problem I'm having though is that this content includes a number of elements that have overlib tooltips, plus there's some other use of js - which now no longer work in this context.

      Do I need to reference the js functions differently?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2009
        David,

        The http://www.macridesweb.com/oltest/AJAX.html support document covers loading of popup content via AJAX and might be helpful.  But your question appears to concern loading of content via AJAX into a div other than the overDiv positioned div, with that content having markup for making overlib calls (and for using other javascript).  The important concern in that context is that all of the javascript function definitions and any string or array definitions were included in the original document and thus processed by the javascript interpreter when that document was loaded.  They cannot be provided via script blocks in content subsequently loaded via AJAX.  So if your original document imported the overlibmws core module and any needed plug-in modules, plus had the definitions of any string variables, arrays and/or functions used in arguments of the overlib calls made via the values of event attributes (e.g., onmouseover or onclick) in the markup of your subsequent, AJAX-fetched content, the overlib calls made via that subsequent content should work.

        If that's not clear, perhaps you might provide the URL for a test document with an example of what you are trying to do, and hopefully I can help you actually do it.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2009
          Thanks Fote. I've managed to fix the problem. I was calling overlib by way of a js function that was being loaded as part of the AJAX-fetched content. Following your tip-off, I've moved those functions to the parent document and so now it works.

          Great help. Thanks
          David