Re: [OLmws] Closing any open tooltips

    Message 1 of 4 , May 11, 2009
      David,

      I'm glad to have been helpful.  For overlibmws users, note that the global is intended to be a permanent public variable, always available for use in personal support functions, and therefore has the OL prefix. For testing whether a primary sticky is being displayed one would use OLshowingsticky, e.g.:

      if (OLshowingsticky) cClick();

      and for secondary popups it would be OLshowingsticky2, e.g.:

      if (OLshowingsticky2) cClick2();

      Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 6:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [OLmws] Closing any open tooltips

      Fote,

      Thank you!  Works likes a charm.  I had previously tried cClick(); on its own in that location but found that I often got a null error - obviously whenever a tooltip wasn't open.  Your suggestion of the if() condition fixes that neatly.

      David

      On 7/05/2009, at 10:17 AM, Foteos Macrides wrote:

      David,

      The simplest way to deal with that for the Bosrup version of overlib that you are using is to put:

      if (o3_showingsticky) cClick();

      at the beginning of your showPane function.

      Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 5:09 PM
      Subject: [OLmws] Closing any open tooltips

      I'm using the original overlib extensively within tabbed reports (an example of which you can access at http://www.carwise.info/asp/retrieveResults.html?requestId=1446def85bd7513a4ccbe48ee4de6) and have long been baffled by something.  I'm looking for a way to close any open tooltips whenever the user switches to a different tabbed pane (the panes being the containers within which the tooltips are embedded).
      The problem arises when a user is viewing one tabbed pane and within that pane they have activated a sticky tooltip.  They then click on a tab to switch panes and yet the tooltip sticks around until it has timed-out.  Ideally, the tooltip would be closed immediately that the user has switched to a different pane.

      Have you any suggestions on how this could be done?

      I'd appreciate it.

      Thanks
      David