Closing any open tooltips

  • cattell_david
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2009
      I'm using the original overlib extensively within tabbed reports (an example of which you can access at http://www.carwise.info/asp/retrieveResults.html?requestId=1446def85bd7513a4ccbe48ee4de6) and have long been baffled by something. I'm looking for a way to close any open tooltips whenever the user switches to a different tabbed pane (the panes being the containers within which the tooltips are embedded).
      The problem arises when a user is viewing one tabbed pane and within that pane they have activated a sticky tooltip. They then click on a tab to switch panes and yet the tooltip sticks around until it has timed-out. Ideally, the tooltip would be closed immediately that the user has switched to a different pane.

      Have you any suggestions on how this could be done?

      I'd appreciate it.

      Thanks
      David
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2009
        David,

        The simplest way to deal with that for the Bosrup version of overlib that you are using is to put:

        if (o3_showingsticky) cClick();

        at the beginning of your showPane function.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 11, 2009
            David,

            I'm glad to have been helpful.  For overlibmws users, note that the global is intended to be a permanent public variable, always available for use in personal support functions, and therefore has the OL prefix. For testing whether a primary sticky is being displayed one would use OLshowingsticky, e.g.:

            if (OLshowingsticky) cClick();

            and for secondary popups it would be OLshowingsticky2, e.g.:

            if (OLshowingsticky2) cClick2();