multiple popups

  • Xerxes Aries V. Labrador
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2009
      Hi, there guys!

      I am new in using overlibmws and I seem to enjoy using it.
      I bumped into this issue in which I cannot have multiple popups open at the same time. An existing popup seems to close whenever a new one pops up.

      I was able to use overlib2 and have two windows open.
      Is there a way I can have more and control which one closes?

      Best Regards
      Xerxes
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2009
        Xerxes,

        The forced-closing behavior patterns for primary and secondary overlibmws popups is intentional, i.e., I depend on them in many of my documents with stickies.

        For an otherwise similar utility but which was designed to support multiple, independent DHTML popups take a look at coolTip:

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 18, 2009
          Thanks a lot Foteos!!!

          I have spent some time testing the functionalities ...
          I seems that there is no functionality for modals in the coolTip
          library.
          I sent Robert Boughner an email regarding how to setup a modal prompt
          but he has not responded yet.

          Best Regards
          Xerxes

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 19, 2009
            Xerxes,

            Bob is often away on trips, but he reliably answers email questions on his returns home.

            He used to track overlibmws development closely and would incorporate my enhancements into coolTip and the Bosrup version of overlib, but he hasn't ported the MODAL feature and I don't know whether he intends to.

            Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:58 AM
            Subject: Re: [OLmws] multiple popups

            Thanks a lot Foteos!!!

            I have spent some time testing the functionalities ...
            I seems that there is no functionality for modals in the coolTip
            library.
            I sent Robert Boughner an email regarding how to setup a modal prompt
            but he has not responded yet.

            Best Regards
            Xerxes

            > Xerxes,
            >
            > The forced-closing behavior patterns for primary and secondary
            overlibmws popups is intentional, i.e., I depend on them in many of my
            documents with stickies.

            > For an otherwise similar utility but which was designed to support
            multiple, independent DHTML popups take a look at coolTip:
            >    http://www.acooltip.com/

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to: