Re: [OLmws] Popup positioned at top of window in IE7

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2008
      Terry,

      For backward compatibility with pre-existing documents it's OK when using overlibmws to have specified the overDiv positioned div (but with the style attribute=value pair as well).  However, in new documents it is best to omit it unless you need to change the z-Index from the 1000 default.

      Because your document had id="OverDiv" (i.e., with an uppercase lead O) and the argument for the getElementById() javascript function was (and still is for non-IE7 browsers) case-sensitive, a div with id="overDiv" (i.e., with a lowercase lead o) was not being found and thus was being created as the intended positioned div.  But IE7 treats the argument for getElementById() as case-insensitive, thus accepting your pre-existing, non-positioned div (which initially is empty and based on your CSS is centered at the top of the document) as the one being sought.  So IE7 would load the popup content into it, but couldn't reposition it to where you intended.

      Unfortunately, such changes in the behavior of IE7 can cause headaches for lots of DHTML scripts in pre-existing documents.  But so far I haven't found any problems for overlibmws unless the document was doing something inappropriate in the first place.

      Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [OLmws] Popup positioned at top of window in IE7

      Thank you so much - it seems like it is always the little things that trip me up...

      I removed the div to let the script add it and it works fine now :-)

      Terry