font size does not change no matter what I try

  • noodles11704
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
      I've posted this in a similar group:

      I've followed the instructions for setting up the program. The pop-ups
      work fine. But I am unable to change the font size!

      I've updated the overlib.js file and also set up the parameters on the
      individual page, thinking one would overwrite the other.

      ex: STICKY, MOUSEOFF, CAPTION, 'Track Title: $tracks_title', FGCOLOR,
      '#999999', BGCOLOR, '#333333', BORDER, 4, CAPTIONFONT, 'Arial',
      TEXTFONT, 'Arial', TEXTSIZE, 2
      (this code is contained in a php ECHO statement. the pop-up
      information is only available once a user is logged in)

      Using one ot the other, or both - I still see the font size does not
      change. It seems everything else works except for this.

      It could be a server issue. It is not a browser issue as far as I can see.

      Suggestions?
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2008
        Most likely you have set a generic CSS font-size rule for the body or table elements, and that is determining the size.  A simple way to override that in your context is to use a quoted CSS font-size string as the parameter, e.g., TEXTSIZE,'12px', (rather than an unquoted, dimensionless number, which is geared to handling via a font element and is being overridden by your generic CSS font-size rule).

        Also see the:

        support document for other quoted strings you could use as the parameter for TEXTSIZE, and see the CSS section of the Command Reference:

        for other solutions to your problem.

        Note that it has been many years since I used or even looked at the Bosrup version of overlib which you are using, but the overlibmws way of handling CSS was incorporated into the Bosrup version in pretty much the same way (it used to have only the code based on font elements, and then a more restrictive handling of CSS), so I think the above will work as described for the Bosrup version as well.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2008
          thanks for your suggestion of putting the number in a single quote. Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

          Thank you,
          Rick Horvath
          President - Noodleware Software Co.
          tel: 631-321-9776

          Custom Designed Web Sites to fit any budget
          E-Commerce Solutions
          http://www.noodleware.com