Issue with Overlib on dropdowns in .NET application running on IE6 - Help!!

  • woochiwoochiwa
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2008
      We have an ASP.NET 2.0 application that leverages Overlib and it works
      great except when we encounter pulldowns underneath the pop-out.

      It only happens on IE6 and the enterprise is still using this browser,
      so moving to IE7 is not an option currently.

      There is a screenshot of our application and it illustrates the
      problem very clearly - can someone familiar with this issue PLEASE assist?

      While researching this issue, it seems the problem lies with the way
      IE6 interprets the z-index CSS property...stuck in a bind here and I
      would prefer to avoid resorting to iFrames!

      Cheers,

      Woochi.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 25, 2008
        Woochi,

        I don't know what you mean by "resorting to iFrames" but this problem is dealt with for IE5.5 and IE6 simply by importing the overlibmws_iframe.js plug-in module to automatically interpose an iframe shim as explained in the:

        support document.