Re: Using OnClick instead of OnMouseOver

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2004
      From: matt_moak
      Subject: Using OnClick instead of OnMouseOver

      Is it possible to alter the code to accept OnClick instead of OnMouseOver with an iframe. I tried just changing the event, but I guess that something internally blocksi it because the iframe comes up blank. Thanks.

      Matt,

      When using onclick for a popup that will contain an imported document for an iframe (or for an object, or will contain an image), one should force a return value of false, as explained in:

      Note that with the current overlibmws code set at:

      such forcing of the return value is required only when the popup also uses STATUS, AUTOSTATUS, or AUTOSTATUSCAP.  But it is good practice to do it in all cases that use onclick and a "throw-away" href such as "javascript:void(0);", so you don't forget when you do need the forced return value of false.