Re: Can I get true/false if a tooltip is shown or not

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2008
      Michael,

      The OLshowingsticky global variable is set while a STICKY popup is showing, so you want to check that.  In a non-frame situation you would simply use something like:

      if (OLshowingsticky)
       alert('A STICKY popup is showing.');

      In a frame situation, the overlibmws globals are defined in the frame where overlibmws.js and any plug-ins are loaded, and if your function for checking the globals is not executed in that frame, it needs to prefix the appropriate frame reference (e.g., top.frames[3][0][1].OLshowingsticky).  For simplicity I'll assume your function is executed in the same frame and thus leave out such prefixing.

      The o3_frame global is set to the frame reference for the currently displayed popup when you use the overlibmws_crossframe.js plug-in's FRAME command (and otherwise defaults to self).  So, for example, if you used FRAME,top.frames[2] in the overlib call, then you would also check if o3_frame is equal to that command's parameter:

      if (OLshowingsticky && o3_frame==top.frames[2] )
       alert('A STICKY popup is showing in frame: top.frames[2]');

      Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 9:54 AM
      Subject: Can I get true/false if a tooltip is shown or not

      Dear Foteos,

      Is there a way for me to determine whether a STICKY, cross-frame tooltip is shown at the moment?

      Thanks in advance.

      Michael Chigrichenko.