Sticky Popups with URL's on Imagemap (Hotspots)

  • sunorsnowts
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 1:46 PM
      I am VERY MUCH a beginner with script, so please "dumb" down your
      out over the last week and not finding any help in other forums.

      I am using FrontPage 2003 and have an imagemap (see
      www.sunorsnowtimeshare.com/test.htm). On this page, I'd like for
      my clients to be able to mouseover different resort icons and have a
      sticky popup come up that has links to pages that have more details
      about the specific resorts. I read in the overLIB FAQ that people
      have done this in FP and that it's also possible with imagemaps, but I
      just can't seem to figure it out. (Again, I have no idea what I'm
      doing when it comes to script.) I also looked for a FrontPage book
      that might have something about overLIB in it, but couldn't find
      anything at all. I finally found this overlibmws group, which is
      offering a little bit of hope. PLEASE HELP!

      Much appreciated,
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 4:18 PM
        Laura,

        The src value in your script block for importing overlibmws.js has no path, so it is being sought in the same directory (folder) as test.html, which when accessed via your server would be the root directory because you also have no path in the http://www.sunorsnowtimeshare.com/test.html URL.  But you haven't placed overlibmws.js there (and perhaps also not in the same directory (folder) as test.html on your hard disk when you work on it as a local file).  If you either place overlibmws.js in the same directory as test.html, or include the path to it in the src value, what you have in your area tags will work.  Except that in the area tag for which your overlib call has a CELLPAD command, change the command to TEXTPADDING.

        Since you are new to overlibmws and are a beginner with javascript, I suggest that you review some of the support documents in:

        particularly:

        and

        That, together with reviewing the Command Reference:

        for the commands you are using so as to be sure you are using them properly, should be all you need to finish setting up your image map.  But if you have any more problems, again provide a URL with what you have done so far, so that we can efficiently help you to get it right.

        Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:46 PM
        Subject: [OLmws] Sticky Popups with URL's on Imagemap (Hotspots)

        I am VERY MUCH a beginner with script, so please "dumb" down your responses. My brain is already fried from trying to figure this thing out over the last week and not finding any help in other forums.