Re: [OLmws] FireFox Scroll bar bleed through

  • Ben Johansen
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2007
      Got it we will test, thanks

      On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:43 PM, Foteos Macrides wrote:

      [Ugh, my SPAM filter had attacked the Subject line,
       so I'm re-sending this to make sure it gets through. - Fote]

      Ben,

      Make it:

      (OLmac && OLgek) ? HIDEBYID : DONOTHING,
      (OLmac && OLgek) ? 'imagelist' : DONOTHING

      so it should hide for any version of Firefox on Mac (assuming 'imagelist' is the id for the offending div with the scrollbars), and if it does, then use:

      to get the build date values for Fx2.0.0.10 and Fx2.0.0.11 on Mac, and go back to what you have now but with greater than and less than values which encompass those dates (and let me know what they are so I can use them in my test file).

      The dates I had chosen worked for Firefox when I tried it without the OLmac so it would also apply to WinXP.

      If you continue using the raw && as you show, instead of the HTML entity for ampersand as in my test file, then an HTML validator will complain but it should still work.

      Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 12:42 AM
      Subject: Re: [OLmws] FireFox Scroll bar bleed through

      Im sorry, had someone else adjust the code on our side to test and it doesn't fix it for the Mac version of Firefox
      I tried your test link and still no go

      Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

      here is snips of our code  (wrapped in pre tags so it doesnt fire)

      <pre>

      <script language="JavaScript" src="/js/overlibmws.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/overlibmws_hide.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/overlibmws_shadow.js"></script>
      <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/overlibmws_function.js"></script>

      function popupHelps3()
      {
        var helpText = '<p>test page</p>';
        return helpText;
      }

      </pre>

      Ben

      On Dec 6, 2007, at 3:48 PM, Foteos Macrides wrote:

      Ben,

      I added your Mac screen shot and the workaround for this bug in the:

      test file.  Could you confirm that the workaround kicks in only for Fx2.0.0.10+ on Mac, and then you can look at the source to use it.  This is a regression of the bug from much earlier versions of the Gecko      browsers.  I'll report it if it's not already known to the developers, and hopefully it will get fixed again before the Fx3.0 release expected early in 2008 (if it's not already fixed in the beta release).

      The workaround uses the HIDEBYID command in conjunction with overlibmws browser-sniffing flags to apply it only for Gecko's with a build date after the release date of Fx2.0.0.9 on Mac.  This personal test document:

      issues an alert with the browser's User Agent string cast to all lower-case, and the values to which the flags got set.  The OLgek flag gets set to the build date for Gecko browsers such as Firefox, and to zero for the other browsers.  The OLmac flag gets set to 1 or 0.  They're used in conjunction with the DONOTHING command to do the hide only for Geckos on Mac with a build date after that of Fx2.0.0.9.  When the bug is fixed, you can add a further restriction to less then the build date for that release.

      Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 3:35 PM

      firefox 2.0.0.11 Mac (leopard 10.5.1).
      <Picture 4.png>

      Thanks so much for looking into this

      Ben

      On Dec 6, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Foteos Macrides wrote:

      Ben,

      I don't see that problem with Fx2.0.0.10 on WinXP.  My test file is:

      Is that a valid test of the problem you see, and if not, could you provide one?  If it does produce the problem for you, on what platform is it?

      Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:27 PM
      Subject: [OLmws] FireFox Scroll bar bleed through

      With the latest JS files
      Seems to have started at FF 2.0.0.10 if I bring up a layer over a div with a scroll bar or any scroll bar,  it shows the scroll bar above OverLib layer

      Has anyone found a workaround?