CELLPAD bug?

  • worldclassintl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
      I am having trouble using the CELLPAD parameter with multiple values;
      no matter what I specify here, it seems to only use the first value,
      although the command reference specifies 1-4 padding values are possible.

      Using 4.17, tested under IE6 SP2 and Firefox 1.0.4.

      Example code:
      test popup.', CELLPAD, 10, 200, WRAP);" onmouseout="return nd();">Test</a>

      This should, according to the command reference, create a popup with
      padding of 10 on the top and bottom and 200 and the left and right,
      but I get 10 all around.
    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "worldclassintl" <pschroeder@w...> wrote:
        > I am having trouble using the CELLPAD parameter with multiple values;
        > no matter what I specify here, it seems to only use the first value,
        > although the command reference specifies 1-4 padding values are
        possible.

        > Using 4.17, tested under IE6 SP2 and Firefox 1.0.4.
        >
        > Example code:
        > test popup.', CELLPAD, 10, 200, WRAP);" onmouseout="return
        nd();">Test</a>

        > This should, according to the command reference, create a popup with
        > padding of 10 on the top and bottom and 200 and the left and right,
        > but I get 10 all around.

        There is no bug in the CELLPAD command. I tried your expression here
        in Netscape 7.2, IE6, Opera 8.00, Deer Park Alpha 1 for FireFox, and
        FireFox 1.0.4 and they all behaved exactly the same for me. I get a
        very long popup with lots of space on the left and right and a much
        smaller amount top and bottom. I don't know what more to tell you. I
        would suggest that you clear your cache before trying it again though.

        Bob
      • Robert E Boughner
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@w...>
          wrote:
          > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "worldclassintl" <pschroeder@w...>
          wrote:
          > > I am having trouble using the CELLPAD parameter with multiple values;
          > > no matter what I specify here, it seems to only use the first value,
          > > although the command reference specifies 1-4 padding values are
          > possible.
          > >
          > > Using 4.17, tested under IE6 SP2 and Firefox 1.0.4.
          > >
          > > Example code:
          > > test popup.', CELLPAD, 10, 200, WRAP);" onmouseout="return
          > nd();">Test</a>
          > >
          > > This should, according to the command reference, create a popup with
          > > padding of 10 on the top and bottom and 200 and the left and right,
          > > but I get 10 all around.
          >
          > There is no bug in the CELLPAD command. I tried your expression here
          > in Netscape 7.2, IE6, Opera 8.00, Deer Park Alpha 1 for FireFox, and
          > FireFox 1.0.4 and they all behaved exactly the same for me. I get a
          > very long popup with lots of space on the left and right and a much
          > smaller amount top and bottom. I don't know what more to tell you. I
          > would suggest that you clear your cache before trying it again though.

          I'm sorry but I spoke a little too soon. There does seem to be a
          problem with the official version 4.17. I tested using my own version
          4.18 which is working correctly. I really don't know why the code
          didn't make it in. That will have to be included in the next update.
          I'm sorry about that. You can get my version at
          http://overlib.boughner.us/plugin/overlib_commands.html

          Bob
        • worldclassintl
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
            wrote:
            > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@w...>
            > wrote:
            > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "worldclassintl" <pschroeder@w...>
            > wrote:
            > > > I am having trouble using the CELLPAD parameter with multiple
            values;
            > > > no matter what I specify here, it seems to only use the first value,
            > > > although the command reference specifies 1-4 padding values are
            > > possible.
            > > >
            > > > Using 4.17, tested under IE6 SP2 and Firefox 1.0.4.
            > > >
            > > > Example code:
            > > > test popup.', CELLPAD, 10, 200, WRAP);" onmouseout="return
            > > nd();">Test</a>
            > > >
            > > > This should, according to the command reference, create a popup with
            > > > padding of 10 on the top and bottom and 200 and the left and right,
            > > > but I get 10 all around.
            > >
            > > There is no bug in the CELLPAD command. I tried your expression here
            > > in Netscape 7.2, IE6, Opera 8.00, Deer Park Alpha 1 for FireFox, and
            > > FireFox 1.0.4 and they all behaved exactly the same for me. I get a
            > > very long popup with lots of space on the left and right and a much
            > > smaller amount top and bottom. I don't know what more to tell you. I
            > > would suggest that you clear your cache before trying it again though.
            > >
            > I'm sorry but I spoke a little too soon. There does seem to be a
            > problem with the official version 4.17. I tested using my own version
            > 4.18 which is working correctly. I really don't know why the code
            > didn't make it in. That will have to be included in the next update.
            > I'm sorry about that. You can get my version at
            > http://overlib.boughner.us/plugin/overlib_commands.html
            >
            > Bob

            Thanks, version 4.18 works properly, so that fixed it.
          • Robert E Boughner
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2005
              --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "worldclassintl" <pschroeder@w...> wrote:
              > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@w...>
              > wrote:
              > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@w...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "worldclassintl" <pschroeder@w...>
              > values;
              > > > possible.

              > > > nd();">Test</a>

              > > > There is no bug in the CELLPAD command. I tried your expression
              here
              > > > in Netscape 7.2, IE6, Opera 8.00, Deer Park Alpha 1 for FireFox, and
              > > > FireFox 1.0.4 and they all behaved exactly the same for me. I get a
              > > > very long popup with lots of space on the left and right and a much
              > > > smaller amount top and bottom. I don't know what more to tell
              you. I
              > > > would suggest that you clear your cache before trying it again
              though.

              > > I'm sorry but I spoke a little too soon. There does seem to be a
              > > problem with the official version 4.17. I tested using my own version
              > > 4.18 which is working correctly. I really don't know why the code
              > > didn't make it in. That will have to be included in the next update.
              > > I'm sorry about that. You can get my version at
              > > http://overlib.boughner.us/plugin/overlib_commands.html
              > >
              > > Bob
              >
              > Thanks, version 4.18 works properly, so that fixed it.

              And thank you for pointing that out to us.

              Bob