Re: [oL] Re: Bulleted lists

  • Clay Leeds
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
      On Oct 31, 2004, at 9:56 AM, lewisconquer wrote:
      > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Sandow <dsandow@g...> wrote:
      >> lewisconquer wrote:
      >>> Hi
      >>>
      >>> I,m new at this and I am trying to find out how to get formats
      > like
      >>> bulleted lists in the popup. Tried a search for list and bullet
      > in
      >>> the archive but got no joy. Any help gratefully received.
      >>>
      >>> Lewis
      >>>

      >> Lewis
      >>
      >> Any HTML markup can go into the popup

      > ()">words</a>
      >>
      >> See http://users.tellurian.net/sandow/overlib/textarg.htm for an
      > intro
      >> to some common things you can put into popups (including links to
      > popup
      >> pages and music).
      >>
      >> Tallyho
      >>
      >> Dennis
      >
      > Thanks very much!

      While it is true that overlib will accept almost any HTML as part of
      the "text' argument, one must be careful of two important issues:
      - nesting of quotation marks (and escaping thereof)
      - "<" and ">" should be translated to their character entity
      counterparts

      Failure to keep the latter in mind causes problems with 'personal'
      firewall software like Symantec's Norton Personal Firewall. The above
      example should be written like this:

      onmouseout="nd()">words</a>

      or, with closing </li> tags (to be xhtml compliant):

      text<ol><li>item
      onmouseout="nd()">words</a>

      Web Maestro Clay
      --