Re: [oL] How to set number of words in popup?

  • Dennis Sandow
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 3:28 AM
      Linda

      On the link to the tutorial index that Clay gave you, choose #13 and #14.

      Ignore all the warnings about Overlib 3.33.  Some of the sections have "patches" in them that apply only to OL3.33.  However, the TEXT argument/variable issues covered in #13, 14 and 15 are generic to all versions of Overlib.  (I need to strip out that warning soon.)

      Good luck.  Pls post again and let me know if your problem is resolved.

      Dennis
      --------------

      Clay Leeds wrote:
      On Jun 30, 2004, at 6:10 PM, lhwwk wrote:

      HI, All,

      I am using overlib to create popups. But I find that it can only show
      a limited number of words in the popup. If a long article is required
      to be put into popups, nothing is shown in the popup.

      How to set the number of words to show up in an overlib showup?

      Thanks,

      Linda

      My guess is that your text string has a ' or a " in it which needs to
      be 'escaped'. Better yet, Dennis Sandow's Top 10 FAQ has an even better
      solution... String Variables, a FAQ on which can be found here:

         http://users.tellurian.net/sandow/overlib/

      Please let us know if this helps you solve your problem. If not, a
      link/URL would be useful!

      Web Maestro Clay

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/edFolB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3 6:50 PM
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, Clay Leeds <cleeds@m...> wrote:

        > On Jun 30, 2004, at 6:10 PM, lhwwk wrote:
        > > HI, All,
        > >
        > > I am using overlib to create popups. But I find that it can only show
        > > a limited number of words in the popup. If a long article is required
        > > to be put into popups, nothing is shown in the popup.
        > >
        > > How to set the number of words to show up in an overlib showup?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Linda
        >
        > My guess is that your text string has a ' or a " in it which needs to
        > be 'escaped'. Better yet, Dennis Sandow's Top 10 FAQ has an even better
        > solution... String Variables, a FAQ on which can be found here:
        >
        > http://users.tellurian.net/sandow/overlib/
        >
        > Please let us know if this helps you solve your problem. If not, a
        > link/URL would be useful!
        >
        > Web Maestro Clay

        Clay,
        Unless Dennis has updated his pages to work with overlib v4.00, I
        suggest that you redirect users to http://overlib.boughner.us/Sandow/
        instead which are the same pages but updated to work with v4.00.

        Bob Boughner
      • Robert E Boughner
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3 6:52 PM
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Sandow <dsandow@g...> wrote:
          > Linda
          >
          > On the link to the tutorial index that Clay gave you, choose #13 and
          #14.

          > Ignore all the warnings about Overlib 3.33. Some of the sections have
          > "patches" in them that apply only to OL3.33. However, the TEXT
          > argument/variable issues covered in #13, 14 and 15 are generic to all
          > versions of Overlib. (I need to strip out that warning soon.)
          >
          > Good luck. Pls post again and let me know if your problem is resolved.
          >
          > Dennis
          Linda,

          Please see http://overlib.boughner.us/Sandow/ Which are the same pages
          updated to work with the new version of overlib v4.00.

          Bob Boughner