Popup hidden behind textboxes

  • Kumar Nikhil
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hey team,

      I've got a form with textboxes. There are help icons on the right of the on
      the textboxes.
      When a user clicks on the help icon, it pops up with the overlib popup
      containing the help for that particular text box.

      Now it works fine in IE but in Netscape, the popups are underneath the
      textboxes. The same thing happens to all form elements.

      Options :
      - Move the popups away from the form elements (this is the wussy way)
      - Place DIVs around all the form elements and give the DIVs a particular
      z-index (this will add complexity to my javascript)
      - anyone have a smart way to fix this problem?

      You can have a look at the page on : http://www.sendfakemail.com using a
      Netscape browser.

      Thanks team

      Regards
      Nikhil

      behind, Netscape, div, underneath, 4.6, 4.08
      This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named
      recipient(s) only.

      If you have received this message in error, you are asked to inform the
      sender as quickly as possible and delete this message and any copies of this
      message from your computer system network.
      Any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of
      this e-mail message is prohibited.
      Unless stated otherwise, this e-mail represents only the views of the sender
      and not the views of the Queensland Department of Communication Information,
      Local Government, Planning & Sport.
    • dsandow@garden.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2001
        READ THIS -> http://webreference.com/dhtml/diner/seethru/

        There simply is no solution, other than to relocate the help icons
        and/or the popups. You might try adding the parameters "..,FIXX,5,.."
        to force the popup into the left side of the screen, where there are
        no form elements.

        Incidentally, I see in your source code that you are using "onclick"
        rather than "onmouseover" to start the popup. Your choice, but
        onmouseover works faster.

        Dennis