RE: [oL] Re: CSS conflict. Please help a newbie

  • Conyers, Dwayne
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      Positioning...

      I have a calendar with popup dates and it seems to work well... but when the
      user scrolls down, the popup is flush top without any white space.

      See http://www.dwacon.com/ein_calendar.html

      I'm toying with different ways of presenting this. One question, is it
      possible to have a popup outside of the browser window (using screen metrics
      for positioning) ??

      Just brainstorming right now...

      D.C.
    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Conyers, Dwayne"
        <Dwayne.Conyers@v...> wrote:
        > Positioning...
        >
        > I have a calendar with popup dates and it seems to work well... but
        when the
        > user scrolls down, the popup is flush top without any white space.
        >
        > See http://www.dwacon.com/ein_calendar.html
        >
        > I'm toying with different ways of presenting this. One question, is it
        > possible to have a popup outside of the browser window (using screen
        metrics
        > for positioning) ??
        >
        > Just brainstorming right now...
        >
        > D.C.
        Contact Fote Macrides about this. You're using his mods to the overlib
        code and he should be the one to address the question. I suspect
        you're using his code so that you can implement the draggable feature.
        Are you using the relx/y command (don't recall what they are in
        Macrides version)? This should keep the popup positioned at the same
        position relative to the browser window.

        In answer to your question, yes you can position the popup outside of
        the browser window by just giving its position the appropriate
        negative X and/or Y values. However, you won't see it because the
        browser will just truncate the content just as it does for any other
        page content.
      • Foteos Macrides
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003

          Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 3:42 PM
          Subject: RE: [oL] Re: CSS conflict. Please help a newbie

          Positioning...

          I have a calendar with popup dates and it seems to work well... but when the user scrolls down, the popup is flush top without any white space.

          See http://www.dwacon.com/ein_calendar.html
          In your default-setting script block change the ol_fixx=10 and ol_fixy=100 to ol_relx=10 and ol_rely=100.

          I'm toying with different ways of presenting this.  One question, is it possible to have a popup outside of the browser window (using screen metrics for positioning) ??
          Keep the ol_fixx and ol_fixy but add ol_nojustx=1 and ol_nojusty=1.

          If you continue using overlibmws.js, it would be a good idea to read the information about the positioning commands and variables in Section 3 of its command reference:

          Note that I was just released from a 2-month hospitalization and presently am concentrating on physical therapy to regain my strength and stamina.  I am reading messages posted to this group but it may be a while before I become active in it again.  I'll try to answer any questions of those using overlibmws.js, but in case it's not obvious from the message that it is being used (as it was in this case which describes the overlibmws.js justification behavior) it would be wise to state explicitly in the message that overlibmws.js is being used so that I don't miss it.

          Fote