CLOSING A "STICKY" POPUP BOX :o)

  • seamus_warren <seamus@internode.on.net>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hello group, :o)

      I uploaded a sample page with two popup links here:
      http://www.users.on.net/seamus/Webs/Miscellaneous/TestPages/Overlib/Ir
      aqAfterSaddam_TwoGenerationsInDialogue.htm

      ...to show you my problem. I am hoping this will make it easier to
      explain and visualise. :o)

      You'll see two "links" that cause popup boxes to open with
      information about the contributors to a piece on Iraq:
      1) Yasser Alaskary; and
      2) Faleh A. Jabar.

      The "Yasser Alaskary" popup box contains a link to his Web site along
      with some information about him and this is the "sticky" popup box.

      You may find this box does not "stick" around (does not behave as
      a "sticky" should). This is because you probably hovered your mouse
      pointer over the "Faleh A. Jabar" link that opens another (non-
      sticky) popup box and this seems to cancel out the "Yasser Alaskary"
      sticky popup box. I need a better solution than this for closing a
      sticky popup box. There will not always have a second popup link
      handy.

      These popup boxes are intended to remain open indefinately as long as
      the mouse pointer hovers over the link so the user can read its
      contents at their own pace. However, a "sticky" popup box was needed
      for the "Yasser Alaskary" link because the mouse pointer needs the
      ability to move away from the "Yasser Alaskary" link and to a link
      that is located within the popup box itself - a link to Mr Alaskary's
      site, the "Iraqi Prospect Organisation".

      How do I make the "Yasser Alaskary" popup box close after clicking on
      the "Iraqi Prospect Organisation" link and how do I make the popup
      box close if I decide not to click on the "Iraqi Prospect
      Organisation" link?

      Thank you. :o)
    • seamus_warren <seamus@internode.on.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
        I should have added the code used so here is the code used for the
        Yasser Alaskary:

        Alaskary:</b> is Chair of the <a href=\'http://www.iprospect.org.uk/
        \' TARGET=\'_blank\'>Iraqi Prospect Organisation</a>, a network of
        Iraqis living in the west working to promote democracy in Iraq. Born
        in Sulemaniya, he came to Britain in 1987 and is currently studying
        medicine at Imperial College, London.',BORDER, 1, FGCOLOR, '#ffffff',
        STICKY, WIDTH=400);" onmouseout="return nd();">Yasser Alaskary </a>

        ...and Faleh A. Jabar:

        A. Jabar:</b> is a Research Fellow at Birkbeck College, University of
        London. His works include Ayatollahs, Sufis and Ideologues; State,
        Religion and Social Movements in Iraq; and Tribes and Power in the
        Middle East (Saqi Books). Saqi Books will also soon publish his
        Shi'ism, Nation and State, Cultural Identities in Iraq.',BORDER, 1,
        FGCOLOR, '#ffffff', WIDTH=400);" onmouseout="return nd();">Faleh A.
        Jabar</a>

        Thanks. :o)

        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "seamus_warren <seamus@i...>"