Macintosh and IE5 with Overlib

  • Melanie Knight
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
      We have been using your tooltip code for a while and love it, but I do need
      to get it working for the Macintosh under IE 5. I noted from the
      documentation that it does not work as I have found out. Would anybody be
      able to give me any hints on how the code could be changed to get it
      working.

      Thanks in advance

      Melanie Knight
    • Larry Albert
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        I too am eager to get OverLIB working properly with Mac IE5, but do not
        fully understand the issues. One helpful resource I have found begins at

        http://www.prodok.ch/toolbox/ie5mac.html

        and runs for several pages. I suspect the problem is simple: IE5 seems to
        add successive Y-axis offset numbers -- at least with the previous version
        of OverLIB I tested.

        Since Mac IE5 is supposed to be "more standards-compliant" than previous
        browsers, I suspect fixes for it would help for future browsers on all
        platforms as well. Unfortunately, I have only intermittent access to Macs.
        Any help would be appreciated, I suspect, by quite a few people.

        Larry Albert