target in frames site

  • houseofstrauss
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
      Yes, Ive searched archives, still dont get it... 3 frame site,
      banner/contents/main. I have overlib sticky IN MAIN PAGE with links
      to open IN MAIN PAGE (ie same} using the following code;

      href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\'>Popups by overLIB</a>',
      STICKY, CAPTION, 'caption', RIGHT);" onmouseout="return nd();"
      target=mainFrame>Click here!</a>

      My main page is referened elsewhere as \\\main/// .Yet this tag still
      opens a full window ouside of my frames. Overlib is the smartest
      option out there, so really want to get this right. Thanks

      have also tried target=main>///_main///"main"///self etc.
      Richard
    • houseofstrauss

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
          Shouldn't the TARGET tag be inside the reference tag? For example;
          by overLIB</a>

          Try that and see if it works.

          comrademoe007

          --- In overlib@y..., "houseofstrauss" <Houseofstrauss@a...> wrote:
          > Yes, Ive searched archives, still dont get it... 3 frame site,
          > banner/contents/main. I have overlib sticky IN MAIN PAGE with links
          > to open IN MAIN PAGE (ie same} using the following code;

          > href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\'>Popups by overLIB</a>',
          > STICKY, CAPTION, 'caption', RIGHT);" onmouseout="return nd();"
          > target=mainFrame>Click here!</a>
          >
          > My main page is referened elsewhere as \\\main/// .Yet this tag
          still
          > opens a full window ouside of my frames. Overlib is the smartest
          > option out there, so really want to get this right. Thanks
          >
          > have also tried target=main>///_main///"main"
          > Richard
        • houseofstrauss
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
            Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this

            ///<a href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\'
            target="main">Popups
            by overLIB</a>\\\

            but it returned a javascript error 'untertermined string constant'
            Any further ideas, This should be straight forward shouldnt it. PS I
            pasted your link outside of overlib & it works fine of course, as it
            follows the usual protocol.
            Still hoping ...
            Richard.

            --- In overlib@y..., "comrademoe007" <Moises_Munoz@R...> wrote:
            > Shouldn't the TARGET tag be inside the reference tag? For example;
            > by overLIB</a>
            >
            > Try that and see if it works.
            >
            > comrademoe007
            >

            > --- In overlib@y..., "houseofstrauss" <Houseofstrauss@a...> wrote:
            > > Yes, Ive searched archives, still dont get it... 3 frame site,
            > > banner/contents/main. I have overlib sticky IN MAIN PAGE with
            links
            > > to open IN MAIN PAGE (ie same} using the following code;

            > > href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\'>Popups by
            overLIB</a>',
            > > STICKY, CAPTION, 'caption', RIGHT);" onmouseout="return nd();"
            > > target=mainFrame>Click here!</a>
            > >
            > > My main page is referened elsewhere as \\\main/// .Yet this tag
            > still
            > > opens a full window ouside of my frames. Overlib is the smartest
            > > option out there, so really want to get this right. Thanks
            > >
            > > have also tried target=main>///_main///"main"
            > > Richard
          • Clay Leeds
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2002
              Richard,

              Make certain there is no break on the line. Also, I'd suggest you change
              the double-quotes to escaped single quotes like this:

              ///<a href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\' target=\'main\'>Popups by
              overLIB</a>\\\

              If there are problems with that, remove the quotes altogether.

              HTH!

              Web Maestro Clay

              At 12:18 PM 8/1/2002, you wrote:
              >Thanks for the suggestion, I tried this
              >
              >///<a href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\'
              >target="main">Popups
              >by overLIB</a>\\\
              >
              >but it returned a javascript error 'untertermined string constant'
              >Any further ideas, This should be straight forward shouldnt it. PS I
              >pasted your link outside of overlib & it works fine of course, as it
              >follows the usual protocol.
              >Still hoping ...
              >Richard.
              >

              >--- In overlib@y..., "comrademoe007" <Moises_Munoz@R...> wrote:
              > > Shouldn't the TARGET tag be inside the reference tag? For example;
              > > by overLIB</a>
              > >
              > > Try that and see if it works.
              > >
              > > comrademoe007
              > >

              > > --- In overlib@y..., "houseofstrauss" <Houseofstrauss@a...> wrote:
              > > > Yes, Ive searched archives, still dont get it... 3 frame site,
              > > > banner/contents/main. I have overlib sticky IN MAIN PAGE with
              >links
              > > > to open IN MAIN PAGE (ie same} using the following code;
              > > >
              > > > <a DEFANGED_href="javascript:void(0);" onmouseover="return overlib('<a
              > > > href=\'http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/\'>Popups by
              >overLIB</a>',
              > > > STICKY, CAPTION, 'caption', RIGHT);" onmouseout="return nd();"
              > > > target=mainFrame>Click here!</a>
              > > >
              > > > My main page is referened elsewhere as \\\main/// .Yet this tag
              > > still
              > > > opens a full window ouside of my frames. Overlib is the smartest
              > > > option out there, so really want to get this right. Thanks
              > > >
              > > > have also tried target=main>///_main///"main"
              > > > Richard

              >Homepage: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
              > Archive: http://www.egroups.com/group/overlib

              Clay Leeds
              Web Developer/Programmer
              cleeds@...
            • a_curious_game
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
                I have stickies coming up in a side frame and the links in them just
                rely on the page setting to open them in another frame.
                <base target="whatever"> up in the header.

                (The stickies are actually opening in a different frame from where
                they are called up but that's irrelevant here and is just a leftover
                from a failed attempt to get two overLIBs running together.)

                www.curiousgame.com/digimac/
              • houseofstrauss
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 2, 2002
                  Clay

                  Thanks for the advice as below, YES it works. You could really make
                  my day if you could advise how to open two frames at once from one
                  click in overlib.

                  Thanks also to Macdonald, I haven't tried your suggestion yet,as
                  Clays option works.
                  Standing in awe of gurus...

                  Richard.