Problem with Tags in Tooltip-Text

  • Stimpy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2002
      Hello,

      I have got a problem with HTML-Tags in the Tooltip-Text.

      On my Local Computer, my Source-Code looks like this:

      <a onMouseOver="return overlib('<b>Teamleitersitzung in
      Gödensdorf</b><blockquote>Treffen aller Teamleiter der Bundesliga
      Nord</blockquote>',CAPTION,'TERMIN');" onMouseOut=nd(); href="#">13</a>

      After transfering to the Webserver, the Source-Code looks like this:

      <a onMouseOver="return overlib(><b>Teamleitersitzung in
      Gödensdorf</b>< blockquote>Treffen aller Teamleiter der Bundesliga
      Nord</blockquote>',CAPTION,'TERMIN');" onMouseOut=nd(); href="#">13</a>

      As you see, the character befor the < of the bold-Tag was changed into an >.

      Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can change it?

      Please Help

      Stimpy
    • Clay Leeds
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2002
        Stimpy, You Eediot! (sorry! I couldn't resist! In U.S. we have a show
        called "Ren & Stimpy" and Ren is always saying that to Stimpy... :-)

        I don't have an answer to why the Webserver changes the ' marks (I also
        notice that there's a space here:< blockquote>), but I can give you a
        work-around. In a Javascript block above the overlib call (but OUTSIDE of
        any FUNCTION so the var becomes a global var!) populate a VAR as follows:
        ---
        var stimpyOverlibText = "<b>Teamleitersitzung in Gödensdorf</b>"+
        "<blockquote>Treffen aller Teamleiter"+
        "der Bundesliga Nord</blockquote>"
        ---
        (it could also be all on one line--remove the extra quote & + marks--but I
        broke it up for readability)

        Then change your overlib call as follows:
        ---
        <a onMouseOver="return overlib(stimpyOverlibText,CAPTION,'TERMIN');"
        onMouseOut=nd(); href="#">13</a>
        ---
        You can do this with each overlib call if you like.

        Hope this helps!

        Web Maestro Clay

        p.s. Sorry 'bout the 'Eediot' part! :-)

        At 07:53 AM 6/2/2002, you wrote:
        >Hello,
        >
        >I have got a problem with HTML-Tags in the Tooltip-Text.
        >
        >On my Local Computer, my Source-Code looks like this:
        >
        ><a onMouseOver="return overlib('<b>Teamleitersitzung in
        >Gödensdorf</b><blockquote>Treffen aller Teamleiter der Bundesliga
        >Nord</blockquote>',CAPTION,'TERMIN');" onMouseOut=nd(); href="#">13</a>
        >
        >After transfering to the Webserver, the Source-Code looks like this:
        >
        ><a onMouseOver="return overlib(><b>Teamleitersitzung in
        >Gödensdorf</b>< blockquote>Treffen aller Teamleiter der Bundesliga
        >Nord</blockquote>',CAPTION,'TERMIN');" onMouseOut=nd(); href="#">13</a>
        >
        >As you see, the character befor the < of the bold-Tag was changed into an >.
        >
        >Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can change it?
        >
        >Please Help
        >
        >Stimpy

        >Homepage: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
        > Archive: http://www.egroups.com/group/overlib