Providing a Close button on an opened window

  • upadukone
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
      Hello all,

      Without using the Caption option in Overlib, I would like to provide a Close button on a popped up window. On clicking that button, I would like to close this popped up window.

      The following is the relevant part of the code:

      function closeWin()
      {
      self.close();
      }

      --------------

      <input type="button" value="Close" onclick="closeWin();">

      ---------------------------

      The popup window is opened from another window using this code:

      The link "2" is app srl no which is provided as the command line variable appsrl. As of now, both onmouseover and onclick connect to the same wp_disp_app.php page.. but in the final version the onclick will be a different page.

      The code of wp_disp_app.php contains the code snippet as shown at the top.

      When I open wp_disp_app.php in a fresh browser window, it does allow the close link and in fact warns me that you are attempting to close the current tab. But when wp_disp_app.php is opened as a result of clicking the hyperlink "2", the close button becomes non-functional.

      Any help here?

      Thank you in advance.

      Uttam
    • reboughner0718
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2012
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "upadukone" <u0107@...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > Without using the Caption option in Overlib, I would like to provide a Close button on a popped up window. On clicking that button, I would like to close this popped up window.
        >
        > The following is the relevant part of the code:
        >
        > function closeWin()
        > {
        > self.close();
        > }
        >
        > --------------
        >
        > <input type="button" value="Close" onclick="closeWin();">

        > The popup window is opened from another window using this code:

        > The link "2" is app srl no which is provided as the command line variable appsrl. As of now, both onmouseover and onclick connect to the same wp_disp_app.php page.. but in the final version the onclick will be a different page.
        >
        > The code of wp_disp_app.php contains the code snippet as shown at the top.
        >
        > When I open wp_disp_app.php in a fresh browser window, it does allow the close link and in fact warns me that you are attempting to close the current tab. But when wp_disp_app.php is opened as a result of clicking the hyperlink "2", the close button becomes non-functional.
        >
        > Any help here?
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        >
        > Uttam

        Most likely what is happening it that it can't find the close() function to close the popup. Try giving the window from which the popup is called a name and use that in calling the close function. If you could provide a link to the offending page I might be able to provide a better solution.