Re: Internet Explorer 10

  • korggy92
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
      > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "mogli1311909" <fb@> wrote:
      > > Thank you for letting us know about this problem but I would not be too concerned until IE10 becomes widely installed. At present, it is still in Beta testing.

      Now that IE10 is officially released, I'm beginning to run into this issue more and more. Any ideas/plan for a fix?

      Thanks!
      Mike
    • korggy92
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "korggy92" <mcarr@...> wrote:

        > > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "mogli1311909" <fb@> wrote:
        > > > Thank you for letting us know about this problem but I would not be too concerned until IE10 becomes widely installed. At present, it is still in Beta testing.
        > Now that IE10 is officially released, I'm beginning to run into this issue more and more. Any ideas/plan for a fix?

        I believe I may have fixed this. Based on the regex provided by Microsoft here:

        http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537509(v=VS.85).aspx

        I changed the regex used to detect IE's version from this:

        var versNum = parseFloat(agent.match(/MSIE[ ](\d\.\d+)\.*/i)[1]);

        to this:

        var versNum = parseFloat(agent.match(/MSIE ([0-9]{1,}[\.0-9]{0,})/i)[1]);

        I haven't tested it for all versions of IE but it does fix it for IE10.
      • reboughner0718
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2012
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "korggy92" <mcarr@...> wrote:

          > > Now that IE10 is officially released, I'm beginning to run into this issue more and more. Any ideas/plan for a fix?
          >
          > I believe I may have fixed this. Based on the regex provided by Microsoft here:
          >
          > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537509(v=VS.85).aspx
          >
          > I changed the regex used to detect IE's version from this:
          >
          > var versNum = parseFloat(agent.match(/MSIE[ ](\d\.\d+)\.*/i)[1]);
          >
          > to this:
          >
          > var versNum = parseFloat(agent.match(/MSIE ([0-9]{1,}[\.0-9]{0,})/i)[1]);
          >
          > I haven't tested it for all versions of IE but it does fix it for IE10.

          I've tested it in IE9.0 and it works there too. I can't see why it won't work in other versions of IE too so go ahead and make that change to the code.
        • reboughner0718
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012
            --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "reboughner0718" <rboughner1@...> wrote:

            > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "korggy92" <mcarr@> wrote:

            > > > Now that IE10 is officially released, I'm beginning to run into this issue more and more. Any ideas/plan for a fix?
            > >
            > > I believe I may have fixed this. Based on the regex provided by Microsoft here:
            > >
            > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537509(v=VS.85).aspx
            > >
            > > I changed the regex used to detect IE's version from this:
            > >
            > > var versNum = parseFloat(agent.match(/MSIE[ ](\d\.\d+)\.*/i)[1]);
            > >
            > > to this:
            > >
            > > var versNum = parseFloat(agent.match(/MSIE ([0-9]{1,}[\.0-9]{0,})/i)[1]);
            > >
            > > I haven't tested it for all versions of IE but it does fix it for IE10.
            > >

            > I've tested it in IE9.0 and it works there too. I can't see why it won't work in other versions of IE too so go ahead and make that change to the code.

            The following will also work in IE10.

            navigator.userAgent.match(/MSIE\s+([0-9]+\.[0-9]+)/i)[1]