Re: Only working on home page

  • reboughner0718
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
      --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <Melissa@...> wrote:

      > Hi people,
      >
      > I just found out about this group, snooping around the main web site for overLIB.
      >
      > I think I made very nice use of overLIB, if you look at http://www.ColoradoProcessServers.net
      > and mouse over the acronyms on the upper right side there. Not only does it act as a tool tip and tell what they are, but it links to references. And I don't know a thing about javascript, not even much about CSS style html yet.
      >
      > And that's why I'm here actually. I must have screwed something up and overLIB only works on my main page, not on the other pages. How can I fix that, please?

      It's not working because it can't find the code which it needs to execute. It looks to me as if the code for overlib is in your main directory but when you redirect the visitor to a new page, it is in a subdirectory under your main page. The easiest way to correct this problem is to change the src for overlib from this:

      src="overlib.js"

      src="../overlib.js"

      and that should clear it up for you. You can also make sure that overlib.js resides in each of the subdirectory but the above is the simplest way to fix it.
    • Melissa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2012
        > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <Melissa@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi people,
        > >
        > > I just found out about this group, snooping around the main web site for
        > > overLIB.
        > >
        > > I think I made very nice use of overLIB, if you look at
        > > http://www.ColoradoProcessServers.net and mouse over the acronyms on the upper
        > > right side there. Not only does it act as a tool tip and tell what they are,
        > > but it links to references. And I don't know a thing about javascript, not
        > > even much about CSS style html yet.
        > >
        > > And that's why I'm here actually. I must have screwed something up and overLIB
        > > only works on my main page, not on the other pages. How can I fix that,
        > > please?
        > >

        > It's not working because it can't find the code which it needs to execute. It
        > looks to me as if the code for overlib is in your main directory but when you
        > redirect the visitor to a new page, it is in a subdirectory under your main
        > page. The easiest way to correct this problem is to change the src for overlib
        > from this:
        >
        > src="overlib.js"

        > src="../overlib.js"
        >
        > and that should clear it up for you. You can also make sure that overlib.js
        > resides in each of the subdirectory but the above is the simplest way to fix it.

        From what someone was telling me, each of the other pages only exists in a database, not
        in a directory where any human can find them.

        But anyway, I just tried the src="../overlib.js" and that did the trick.

        THANK YOU! :-)

        Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
      • reboughner0718
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <Melissa@...> wrote:

          > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <Melissa@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi people,
          > > >
          > > > I just found out about this group, snooping around the main web site for
          > > > overLIB.
          > > >
          > > > I think I made very nice use of overLIB, if you look at
          > > > http://www.ColoradoProcessServers.net and mouse over the acronyms on the upper
          > > > right side there. Not only does it act as a tool tip and tell what they are,
          > > > but it links to references. And I don't know a thing about javascript, not
          > > > even much about CSS style html yet.
          > > >
          > > > And that's why I'm here actually. I must have screwed something up and overLIB
          > > > only works on my main page, not on the other pages. How can I fix that,
          > > > please?
          > > >

          > > It's not working because it can't find the code which it needs to execute. It
          > > looks to me as if the code for overlib is in your main directory but when you
          > > redirect the visitor to a new page, it is in a subdirectory under your main
          > > page. The easiest way to correct this problem is to change the src for overlib
          > > from this:
          > >
          > > src="overlib.js"

          > > src="../overlib.js"
          > >
          > > and that should clear it up for you. You can also make sure that overlib.js
          > > resides in each of the subdirectory but the above is the simplest way to fix it.
          >
          > From what someone was telling me, each of the other pages only exists in a database, not
          > in a directory where any human can find them.
          >
          > But anyway, I just tried the src="../overlib.js" and that did the trick.
          >
          > THANK YOU! :-)
          >
          > Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

          I'm glad you got it working and that my suggestion worked. For your information, I figured it out by looking at the HREF value and noticed what appeared to be directory added to the main site's URL.