How do I add these popups to text in a post on Blogger?

  • honeybearbunz
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2011
      I am pretty green when it comes to doing HTML. I want to add popups to certain words in a text. These popups will contain a few lines of text.

      I chose "edit in HTML" and pasted this code:

      popup.');" onmouseout="return nd();">here</a>

      to the post.

      But when I published it, there was just a link "here". When I hovered the mouse over the word "here", nothing happened.

      What else do I have to do to add this function to my Blogger post?

      I just want the simple popup, not a stickie or anything.

      Can someone take me step by step how to add this function to my Blogger post?
    • reboughner0718
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2011
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "honeybearbunz" <honeybearbunz@...> wrote:

        > I am pretty green when it comes to doing HTML. I want to add popups to certain words in a text. These popups will contain a few lines of text.
        >
        > I chose "edit in HTML" and pasted this code:

        > popup.');" onmouseout="return nd();">here</a>
        >
        > to the post.
        >
        > But when I published it, there was just a link "here". When I hovered the mouse over the word "here", nothing happened.
        >
        > What else do I have to do to add this function to my Blogger post?
        >
        > I just want the simple popup, not a stickie or anything.
        >
        > Can someone take me step by step how to add this function to my Blogger post?

        You've got to make sure that your string variable appears on one line. If it is split like you've indicated here you well get a javascript error which you aren't seeing and no popup appears.