Overlib and Google +1 javascript conflict

  • VernonM
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2011
      Anyone noticed that overlib kills Google +1 javascript code--actually the latter kills overlib ;) . Just wondering if anyone has noticed this, or even better, has modded overlib to work with the new Google +1 button code.

      Here's a simple demo illustrated the problem : http://www.mathwarehouse.com/testing/javascript.html

      This page only has 1 overlib mouseover action and the Google +1 button.
    • reboughner0718
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2011
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "VernonM" <vernonmorris1@...> wrote:

        > Anyone noticed that overlib kills Google +1 javascript code--actually the latter kills overlib ;) . Just wondering if anyone has noticed this, or even better, has modded overlib to work with the new Google +1 button code.
        >
        > Here's a simple demo illustrated the problem : http://www.mathwarehouse.com/testing/javascript.html
        >
        > This page only has 1 overlib mouseover action and the Google +1 button.

        When I looked at this page in Opera 11.11, I didn't see any effect at all. Both google+1 and overlib seemed to work okay for me.
      • VernonM
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
          Yeah it doesn't throw errors in Opera.
          But i've tested it with multiple computers (vista, xp and windows 7) using Mozilla and Internet explorer--both of these browser throw an error that breaks javascript code. Try running it with Firebug to see the error count that you get.

          Vern

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
            --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "VernonM" <vernonmorris1@...> wrote:

            > Yeah it doesn't throw errors in Opera.
            > But i've tested it with multiple computers (vista, xp and windows 7) using Mozilla and Internet explorer--both of these browser throw an error that breaks javascript code. Try running it with Firebug to see the error count that you get.

            Actually, it does throw an error in Opera 11.11 and I've isolated it to something in the plusone.js code that is doing it. By removing that call from your file, the test file runs without error.
          • greenangel9
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2011
              I am new to the group and I found the group because of the overlib and Google +1 conflict. Has anyone come up with a solution for this issue?
              Terri

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 10, 2011
                unfortunately, the only solution I have is to not use both of them on the same page :( Since overlib is so embedded in our websites, that means no google +1 for now.