Syntax for relative image file location?

  • Liam
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2011
      I am able to display an image in an overlib popup using this syntax:

      but I have not been able to determine the correct syntax for an image in a folder in a relative location - neither

      '.\foldername\imagename.png'

      nor

      '\foldername\imagename.png'

      is working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    • reboughner0718
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2011
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, Liam <smotrinamenya@...> wrote:

        > I am able to display an image in an overlib popup using this syntax:
        >
        > but I have not been able to determine the correct syntax for an image in a folder in a relative location - neither
        >
        > '.\foldername\imagename.png'
        >
        > nor
        >
        > '\foldername\imagename.png'
        >
        > is working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

        Try using a forward slash instead. If the folder is in the same directory with the HTML file then you would address it as:

        'foldername/imagename.png'

        if its one folder up from where the HTML file is located then you would use

        '../foldername/imagename.png'
      • Dick Rhindress
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2011
          Relative folder naming may need "../foldername/filename" or even "../../foldername/filename" depending on where the folder is located if the folder is back toward the root.  "./foldername/filename" starts with the current folder and branches from there.

          You might want to look at the code on my pages; I do this frequently for folders that are back to the root and even out other branches.  You might get some insight there.

          http://stephentown-historical.org/cardfile/card/j/2wa1ca78j.html look at the red square under the picture and the picture itself and the Info dot above.

          -RcR

          Woke up from slumber just recently to realize that the world is made up of atoms 'n' molecules, waves of sound 'n' light ... not just pixels on a computer monitor...

          On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Liam <smotrinamenya@...> wrote:

          I am able to display an image in an overlib popup using this syntax:

          but I have not been able to determine the correct syntax for an image in a folder in a relative location - neither

          '.\foldername\imagename.png'

          nor

          '\foldername\imagename.png'

          is working. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

        • smotrinamenya
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2011
            Richard, Robert -

            It looks like the backslashes in my OL (vs. forward) were the problem. I knew it was simple, but I wasn't seeing it.

            Thanks!
            Dave