Trying to show in a popup an image which is located in a directory

  • msociando
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2010
      Hi, I've some trouble showing an image when it is not "local".
      When the image is located on the same place than the root dir, it works:

      ...return overlib('', TEXTCOLOR, '#ffffff', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 250, HEIGHT, 120, FGBACKGROUND, 'foo.jpg', FGCOLOR , '',PADX, 20, 20, PADY, 20, 20);...

      But when I'm trying to make a reference to another directory, the image is not shown:

      ...return overlib('', TEXTCOLOR, '#ffffff', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 250, HEIGHT, 120, FGBACKGROUND, '~/App_Themes/Images/foo.jpg', FGCOLOR , '',PADX, 20, 20, PADY, 20, 20);...

      however the image path is correct.
      This code above is built in a C# ASP.NET program.
      Any idea?
      Thanks ;-)
    • Dick Rhindress
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2010
        Take a look at this page, the photos come from an array of 36 different directories. (For the larger cemeteries they actually do come from all 36 of the remote directories.)  The ZOOM buttons are clickable OL boxes which pop up the full size pictures; the DATA buttons are mouseover OL boxes.  Maybe this will help.  The HTML code is content driven, written via FoxPro scripts.

        http://stephentown-historical.org/images/cg/st022photos.html

        -RcR

        Woke up from slumber just recently to realize that the world is made up of atoms 'n' molecules, waves of sound 'n' light ... not just pixels on a computer monitor...

        On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:42 PM, msociando <msociando@...> wrote:

        Hi, I've some trouble showing an image when it is not "local".
        When the image is located on the same place than the root dir, it works:

        ...return overlib('', TEXTCOLOR, '#ffffff', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 250, HEIGHT, 120, FGBACKGROUND, 'foo.jpg', FGCOLOR , '',PADX, 20, 20, PADY, 20, 20);...

        But when I'm trying to make a reference to another directory, the image is not shown:

        ...return overlib('', TEXTCOLOR, '#ffffff', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 250, HEIGHT, 120, FGBACKGROUND, '~/App_Themes/Images/foo.jpg', FGCOLOR , '',PADX, 20, 20, PADY, 20, 20);...

        however the image path is correct.
        This code above is built in a C# ASP.NET program.
        Any idea?
        Thanks ;-)

      • reboughner0718
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2010
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "msociando" <msociando@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I've some trouble showing an image when it is not "local".
          > When the image is located on the same place than the root dir, it works:
          >
          > ...return overlib('', TEXTCOLOR, '#ffffff', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 250, HEIGHT, 120, FGBACKGROUND, 'foo.jpg', FGCOLOR , '',PADX, 20, 20, PADY, 20, 20);...
          >
          > But when I'm trying to make a reference to another directory, the image is not shown:
          >
          > ...return overlib('', TEXTCOLOR, '#ffffff', TEXTSIZE, 2, WIDTH, 250, HEIGHT, 120, FGBACKGROUND, '~/App_Themes/Images/foo.jpg', FGCOLOR , '',PADX, 20, 20, PADY, 20, 20);...
          >
          > however the image path is correct.
          > This code above is built in a C# ASP.NET program.
          > Any idea?
          > Thanks ;-)

          Try specifying the image directory in a format that is relative to the location where the html file is located.
        • msociando
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2010
            Great. Thanks for your help. By replacing "~/App_Themes" by "./App_Themes", it works.