Two overlibs on a page

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2010
      By this I mean is it possible to have two types of overlib mouseovers occur on the same page?

      In my overlib.js file I have RELX=-10 which makes a whole set of mouseover tooltips appear on the right of screen. Good.

      But I also want a single separate tooltip NOT to appear on the right but appear centre below the mouse click. And different colours etc.

      It seems the RELX overrides all attempts to alter this single tooltip's commands on the page.
    • reboughner0718
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2010
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Terry" <aap@...> wrote:

        > By this I mean is it possible to have two types of overlib mouseovers occur on the same page?
        >
        > In my overlib.js file I have RELX=-10 which makes a whole set of mouseover tooltips appear on the right of screen. Good.
        >
        > But I also want a single separate tooltip NOT to appear on the right but appear centre below the mouse click. And different colours etc.
        >
        > It seems the RELX overrides all attempts to alter this single tooltip's commands on the page.

        In general, the answer is NO. The reason for this is that all overlib popups use the same div container for holding its content. You can must use a different container to get two on the same page. Take a look at the following description if that is what you want to do:

        http://overlib.boughner.us/plugins/overtwo_commands.html

        but beware that the second popup will have more limited functionality.