Not working...

  • Xalia
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2010
      I've copied and pasted the code to a test file on my site, here: http://www.dragonbackdesign.com/test.html and the popup doesn't appear. I don't see any errors or anything and the code (below) looks identical to what I copied and pasted from the site.

      Here's the code (not sure if it'll post all on one line, but it's all on one line if you View Source on my page):
      <head>
      <title>Test Page</title>

      <script type="text/javascript" src="overlib.js"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>

      </head>

      Test Page<br /><br />

      What am I doing wrong?
    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2010

        Xalia,

        Where did you upload the ‘overlib.js’ to?

        src="overlib.js" points to the root of your directory. Change this to the correct location.

        Jeff

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9, 2010
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Xalia" <xaliademarin@...> wrote:

          > I've copied and pasted the code to a test file on my site, here: http://www.dragonbackdesign.com/test.html and the popup doesn't appear. I don't see any errors or anything and the code (below) looks identical to what I copied and pasted from the site.
          >
          > Here's the code (not sure if it'll post all on one line, but it's all on one line if you View Source on my page):
          > <head>
          > <title>Test Page</title>
          >
          > <script type="text/javascript" src="overlib.js"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>
          >
          > </head>

          > Test Page<br /><br />
          >
          > What am I doing wrong?

          When I look at your page in Firefox 3.5.8 I get the following error:

          Error: overlib is not defined
          Source File: http://www.dragonbackdesign.com/test.html
          Line: 1

          I get the same error message for "nd" Make sure that you also upload your overlib.js file to the same directory where you have test.html and that should clear up your problems. If not post back again.
        • Xalia
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 10, 2010
            I've had the overlib.js file in the right folder all along...

            Oh wow, I figured it out. Apparently when I uploaded the file the name got changed to overlib[1].js instead of overlib.js It's working now! Thanks for your response! I couldn't see any errors so I didn't know where to look.

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11, 2010
              --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Xalia" <xaliademarin@...> wrote:

              > I've had the overlib.js file in the right folder all along...
              >
              > Oh wow, I figured it out. Apparently when I uploaded the file the name got changed to overlib[1].js instead of overlib.js It's working now! Thanks for your response! I couldn't see any errors so I didn't know where to look.
              >
              > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "reboughner0718" <rboughner1@> wrote:
              > >

              > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Xalia" <xaliademarin@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I've copied and pasted the code to a test file on my site, here: http://www.dragonbackdesign.com/test.html and the popup doesn't appear. I don't see any errors or anything and the code (below) looks identical to what I copied and pasted from the site.
              > > >
              > > > Here's the code (not sure if it'll post all on one line, but it's all on one line if you View Source on my page):
              > > > <head>
              > > > <title>Test Page</title>
              > > >
              > > > <script type="text/javascript" src="overlib.js"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>
              > > >
              > > > </head>

              > > > Test Page<br /><br />
              > > >
              > > > What am I doing wrong?
              > > >

              > > When I look at your page in Firefox 3.5.8 I get the following error:
              > >
              > > Error: overlib is not defined
              > > Source File: http://www.dragonbackdesign.com/test.html
              > > Line: 1
              > >
              > > I get the same error message for "nd" Make sure that you also upload your overlib.js file to the same directory where you have test.html and that should clear up your problems. If not post back again.

              I use Firefox 3.5.8 and check the "Error console" for any errors after the page loads and I try a mouseover. That's what I was referring to.