Problems using CENTER command.

  • mikebeale
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2008
      Hi,

      I've got a problem when using the CENTER command when positioning the
      popup.

      What happens is the popup can go off the right hand side of the
      browser window.
      It still stops at the left hand side as normal.

      If I don't put an command in so the popup is to the right of the mouse
      then it will stop at the right hand side of the browser window.

      I'm using 4.21.
      I've put a little test page up here:
      http://www.playretro.co.uk/test/center.htm

      Cheers,
      Mike
    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2008
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "mikebeale" <mikebeale@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've got a problem when using the CENTER command when positioning the
        > popup.
        >
        > What happens is the popup can go off the right hand side of the
        > browser window.
        > It still stops at the left hand side as normal.
        >
        > If I don't put an command in so the popup is to the right of the mouse
        > then it will stop at the right hand side of the browser window.
        >
        > I'm using 4.21.
        > I've put a little test page up here:
        > http://www.playretro.co.uk/test/center.htm
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Mike

        Mike,
        There is no problem with the code. Its just that the CENTER command
        takes precedence and there is nothing in the code to keep the popup
        from going off the right side of the browser window when using this
        command. As far as I know this has never been a problem before.
        Perhaps this should be included in future versions of the code.

        In modern browsers, you'll notice that the window is being reflowed to
        account for this as evidenced by the appearance of the horizontal
        scroll bars.