Script Works - But not Completely - READ THIS

  • noodles11704
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2008
      Here's a clarification:

      This script does work inside a table, but not completely. Let me explain.

      1. There is no way to change the font size or face using either the
      'in code' method or the style sheet method.

      2. Some information does not pop up AT ALL. There MAY be some
      delimiting characters causing this problem. Since I am using this with
      a database, each row has different information, some of which may
      contain unacceptable characters.

      --- If anyone has had this problem, please let me know. ---

      If anyone needs to see this, I will need to program a page not
      requiring you to be a member to view the information displayed on the
      pop-up.

      --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <rboughner1@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "noodles11704" <noodles11704@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This script WILL NOT work when it is contained inside a TABLE!
      > >

      > If you mean by "script" the code for overlib that is not true. Popups
      > will work if the links are part of a table's cell content.

    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2008
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "noodles11704" <noodles11704@...> wrote:

        > Here's a clarification:
        >
        > This script does work inside a table, but not completely. Let me
        explain.

        > 1. There is no way to change the font size or face using either the
        > 'in code' method or the style sheet method.
        >
        > 2. Some information does not pop up AT ALL. There MAY be some
        > delimiting characters causing this problem. Since I am using this with
        > a database, each row has different information, some of which may
        > contain unacceptable characters.
        >
        > --- If anyone has had this problem, please let me know. ---
        >

        > If anyone needs to see this, I will need to program a page not
        > requiring you to be a member to view the information displayed on the
        > pop-up.

        As for your first problem, check your style rules and see if you have
        any rules that apply to TR,TD, and/or TABLE since these will affect
        your popup's appearance. If you do then the following answer:
        may be a way to overcome this. As to your second problem, it is up to
        you to make sure that the strings passed overlib have the appropriate
        characters in them. You can either filter out these characters before
        you insert them in your database or filter them before you pass the
        string to the overlib routine.