Overlib and IE issues

  • scswcs
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2 11:40 AM
      Hi,

      I have inherited an multi server application that uses overlib. I'm
      new to it, but I understand how to work it for the most part.

      Has anyone ever experienced issues with running overlib on IE (6.0,
      sp2) stating "Error on Page"? The specific error is IE complaining
      about the second parameter sent to the overlib function. The second
      parameter can be any of the valid params, it doesn't matter (like
      BORDER, or BGCOLOR shown below).

      Examples…

      return overlib(`some string', BORDER, 5, etc…)
      or
      return overlib(`some string', BGCOLOR, `#F5F5F5', etc…)

      IE says – `BGCOLOR' is undefined (or BORDER is undefined)

      hints so far...
      –this never happens with Firefox
      –happens on IE only so far and intermittently when users first visit
      the page
      –Always follows the second parameter
      –Appears to go away for good (on that server for that client) once the
      user goes to another URL, then hits the back button.

      Any suggestions?

      Best Regards,
      Sean
    • dague.larry
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5 4:58 AM
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "scswcs" <sean.steg@...> wrote:
        Maybe try throwing the variables up top before the script if you are
        going to format them all the same of each page.. just this:

        <!-- these are the variables for your pop up box we'll set here -->
        <script type="text/javascript">
        var ol_bgcolor = "#FFCC66" //sets the color of the box around the picture
        var ol_border = "5" //sets the size of that border
        var ol_capcolor ="#000000" // sets the font color of the title at the top
        var ol_fgcolor = "#000000" // sets a small black box around the
        picture so it stands out from the frame
        var ol_vauto = "1" // lets the program decide if the picture should
        be above or below the link
        var ol_hauto = "1"

        </script>
        <script language="javascript" src="/overlib.js"
        type="text/javascript"><!-- overLIB (c) Erik Bosrup --></script>

        And then it takes out a lot of syntax errors you might have when
        making your links. Might be worth a try.

        In case you want to see the whole thing, it's a page I'm working with
        a friend on at http://64.251.206.87/what-youll-see/local-fish.asp