Sticky Popups on Imagemap (Frontpage)

  • sunorsnowts
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2008
      I was getting some help from Bob last month with using overlib to
      create sticky popups with URL's. I need this to work with hotspots on
      an imagemeap, but can't seem to figure it out. In the midst of working
      on this, my e-mail account was completely lost, so I'm not sure if Bob
      even replied back to me again after my last e-mail. I don't see any
      extra posts.

      Anyway, if Bob or someone else could help me with this, I would be very
      appreciative!

      Thanks,
      Laura
    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2008
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "sunorsnowts" <rentals@...> wrote:

        > I was getting some help from Bob last month with using overlib to
        > create sticky popups with URL's. I need this to work with hotspots on
        > an imagemeap, but can't seem to figure it out. In the midst of working
        > on this, my e-mail account was completely lost, so I'm not sure if Bob
        > even replied back to me again after my last e-mail. I don't see any
        > extra posts.
        >
        > Anyway, if Bob or someone else could help me with this, I would be very
        > appreciative!
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Laura

        Laura,
        Sorry that your email account was lost but I did respond to your
        posts. I see that you've joined the overlibmws newsgroup. Please be
        warned that although that utility is similar to overlib there are
        differences in some of the commands that may confuse if you're new to
        scripting. I suggest that you stick with one or the other.

        Anyways as to your post on the overlibmws newsgroup to get it to work
        with overlib do the following:

        1. Change the line:

        <script type="text/javascript" src="overlibmws.js"></script>

        <script type="text/javascript" src="overlib.js"></script>

        and be sure to upload the overlib.js file to the same directory where
        you have your HTML file loaded. If you want to put it in a separate
        directory then change src to src="XX/overlib.js" where XX is the
        relative path (how to reach the file from where the HTML file is located).

        2.Change the two lines that have:

        onmouseover="return overlib(

        onclick="overlib(...)

        since you don't really care what the return value is from overlib.

        Note that some of your parameters in these calls are not applicable to
        overlibmws (like CELLPAD)

        Bob
      • Rentals - Sun or Snow
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2008

          Bob,

          That is so wonderful that this worked.  I do have another question – how do I make a list of URL’s?  For example, for the upper left resort icon, I’d like to list “Bali Hai Villas, Shearwater, etc.” with links to the corresponding resort page.  I tried just adding the next link right after the Bali Hai one, but that didn’t work.

          Warmest Regards,

          Laura Gohl

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2008
            --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Rentals - Sun or Snow" <rentals@...>
            wrote:

            > Bob,
            >

            > That is so wonderful that this worked. I do have another question -
            how do
            > I make a list of URL's? For example, for the upper left resort
            icon, I'd
            > like to list "Bali Hai Villas, Shearwater, etc." with links to the
            > corresponding resort page. I tried just adding the next link right
            after
            > the Bali Hai one, but that didn't work.
            >

            > Warmest Regards,
            >
            > Laura Gohl

            The easiest way is to add to your head section a javascript variable
            like the following:

            <script type="text/javascript" src="overlib.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
            var str1 = "<a
            href='http://www.sunorsnowtimeshare.com/Hawaii.htm#BaliHai'>Bali Hai
            </script>

            where "..." indicates the rest of the string that you want to display
            and then make your call using:

            onmouseover="return overlib(str1, STICKY, MOUSEOFF, WRAP, CELLPAD, 5,
            AUTOSTATUSCAP, CAPTION, 'PRINCEVILLE, KAUAI')

            The main problem that you'll have here is to make sure that your
            string variable to overlib is formed properly and by defining it in an
            separate variable you can avoid a lot of problems.

            Bob