Popup Display When Page Loads

  • johnnyfouraces
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
      Is there a way to have a popup display automatically when a page
      loads? I would set it to STICKY and use the FIXX and FIXY for
      positioning. The idea is to be able to mouse over any one of 10 links
      on a page that would replace the popup that was displayed when the
      page loaded. The original popup would also have a link on the page so
      it could be re-displayed after being replaced by another popup. Thanks.
    • Robert E Boughner
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "johnnyfouraces" <johnnyfouraces@...>
        wrote:

        > Is there a way to have a popup display automatically when a page
        > loads? I would set it to STICKY and use the FIXX and FIXY for
        > positioning. The idea is to be able to mouse over any one of 10 links
        > on a page that would replace the popup that was displayed when the
        > page loaded. The original popup would also have a link on the page so
        > it could be re-displayed after being replaced by another popup. Thanks.

        Yes you can have a popup displayed when the page loads but you won't
        be able to accomplish your last request here. The reason is that all
        overlib popups use the same div container for its contents so that
        once you've overwritten one popup with another one the original
        popup's content is lost. If I've mis-understood your question then
        please repost.
      • johnnyfouraces
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "johnnyfouraces" <johnnyfouraces@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Is there a way to have a popup display automatically when a page
          > > loads? I would set it to STICKY and use the FIXX and FIXY for
          > > positioning. The idea is to be able to mouse over any one of 10 links
          > > on a page that would replace the popup that was displayed when the
          > > page loaded. The original popup would also have a link on the page so
          > > it could be re-displayed after being replaced by another popup.
          Thanks.

          > Yes you can have a popup displayed when the page loads but you won't
          > be able to accomplish your last request here. The reason is that all
          > overlib popups use the same div container for its contents so that
          > once you've overwritten one popup with another one the original
          > popup's content is lost. If I've mis-understood your question then
          > please repost.

          Thanks for your response. How can I have a pop-up display when the
          page loads?
        • Robert E Boughner
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
            wrote:

            > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "johnnyfouraces" <johnnyfouraces@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Is there a way to have a popup display automatically when a page
            > > > loads? I would set it to STICKY and use the FIXX and FIXY for
            > > > positioning. The idea is to be able to mouse over any one of 10
            links
            > > > on a page that would replace the popup that was displayed when the
            > > > page loaded. The original popup would also have a link on the
            page so
            > > > it could be re-displayed after being replaced by another popup.
            > Thanks.
            > > >

            > > Yes you can have a popup displayed when the page loads but you won't
            > > be able to accomplish your last request here. The reason is that all
            > > overlib popups use the same div container for its contents so that
            > > once you've overwritten one popup with another one the original
            > > popup's content is lost. If I've mis-understood your question then
            > > please repost.
            > >
            > Thanks for your response. How can I have a pop-up display when the
            > page loads?

            You can check the archives going back about 2 years ago since this has
            been discussed before. If you can't find it, then the easiest way to
            handle it would be include the following on your BODY tag:

            onload="olLoaded=1; overlib(...);"

            where ... indicates the options you want to include. Make sure that
            you've included either FIXX/Y or RELX/Y in the option list. I would
            recommend RELX/Y instead of FIXX/Y.

            Bob
          • johnnyfouraces
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5, 2007
              wrote:

              > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "johnnyfouraces" <johnnyfouraces@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "johnnyfouraces" <johnnyfouraces@>

              > links
              > page so
              > > Thanks.
              > > > >

              > > > Yes you can have a popup displayed when the page loads but you won't
              > > > be able to accomplish your last request here. The reason is
              that all
              > > > overlib popups use the same div container for its contents so that
              > > > once you've overwritten one popup with another one the original
              > > > popup's content is lost. If I've mis-understood your question then
              > > > please repost.
              > > >
              > > Thanks for your response. How can I have a pop-up display when the
              > > page loads?
              > >

              > You can check the archives going back about 2 years ago since this has
              > been discussed before. If you can't find it, then the easiest way to
              > handle it would be include the following on your BODY tag:
              >
              > onload="olLoaded=1; overlib(...);"
              >
              > where ... indicates the options you want to include. Make sure that
              > you've included either FIXX/Y or RELX/Y in the option list. I would
              > recommend RELX/Y instead of FIXX/Y.
              >
              > Bob

              Works perfectly. Thanks Bob!