Problem with IE, please help

  • wkohlani
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
      Hello Everyone:

      I've read all the FAQs, and looked throuhg many seemingly similar
      issues in the Yahoo Group, but to no avail. You are my last resort
      here.

      The problem is: my script is not working with IE, it works fine with
      FireFox, but not IE or Safari and others. I need it to work with IE
      first.

      When I rollover a link, it gives me the following error:

      Line 809
      Char: 2
      Error: 'Undefined' is null or not an object

      Sometimes it also gives me the error:
      Line 781
      Char: 3
      Error: Object does not support this property or method

      The link to the page i'm working on is:
      http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html

      The code files that I am using are:

      http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/overlib.js
      http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js

      Thank you!
    • John Reeher
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
        Wkohlani,

           For the record, I hate document.write, makes debugging a pain.  Anyhow, the problem is that your function buildCal returns a div called overDiv everytime it is called.  In your js_output.js file change the line #3252:

        var t='<table class="mainTable" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" ><tr align="center">';

        That should work for you.

        Regards,

        John

        On 6/1/06, wkohlani <wkohlani@...> wrote:
[...]

        Homepage: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
        e: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

        Basic programming language C programming language Computer programming languages
        The c programming language C++ programming language Software programming language

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • wkohlani
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
          --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "John Reeher" <reeherj@...> wrote:

          > Wkohlani,
          >
          > For the record, I hate document.write, makes debugging a pain.
          Anyhow,
          > the problem is that your function buildCal returns a div called
          overDiv
          > everytime it is called. In your js_output.js file change the line
          #3252:

          > > var t='<div id="overDiv" style="position:absolute;
          visibility:hidden;
          > > z-index:1000;"></div>'+'<table class="mainTable" cellspacing="1"
          > > cellpadding="0" ><tr align="center">';

          > > var t='<table class="mainTable" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"
          > > align="center">';
          > >

          > That should work for you.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > John
          >
          > On 6/1/06, wkohlani <wkohlani@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Everyone:
          > >
          > > I've read all the FAQs, and looked throuhg many seemingly similar
          > > issues in the Yahoo Group, but to no avail. You are my last
          resort
          > > here.
          > >
          > > The problem is: my script is not working with IE, it works fine
          with
          > > FireFox, but not IE or Safari and others. I need it to work with
          IE
          > > first.
          > >
          > > When I rollover a link, it gives me the following error:
          > >
          > > Line 809
          > > Char: 2
          > > Error: 'Undefined' is null or not an object
          > >
          > > Sometimes it also gives me the error:
          > > Line 781
          > > Char: 3
          > > Error: Object does not support this property or method
          > >

          > > The link to the page i'm working on is:
          > > http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
          > >
          > > The code files that I am using are:
          > >
          > > http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/overlib.js
          > > http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js
          > >

          > > Thank you!
          > >

          > > Homepage: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
          > > e: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/

          t=ms&k=Basic+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+
          programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+progr
          amming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+l
          anguage&c=6&s=193&.sig=p2tsb9F38_BRtgYd-Lrx9w> C
          > > programming language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=C+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+prog
          ramming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programmi
          ng+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+langu
          age&c=6&s=193&.sig=s417rQDhIfEJWoylZxl7QQ> Computer
          > > programming languages<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Computer+programming+languages&w1=Basic+programming+language&w
          2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+p
          rogramming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programmi
          ng+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=QgdknWHEB-7BcpDElLJcYw> The
          > > c programming language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=The+c+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+
          programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+progr
          amming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+l
          anguage&c=6&s=193&.sig=DSnZ2EFeZa_krjnfz_P5vQ> C++
          > > programming language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=C+++programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+pr
          ogramming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+program
          ming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+lan
          guage&c=6&s=193&.sig=IvzvhTPnaj_LFsbqs2knAg> Software
          > > programming language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Software+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2
          =C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+pr
          ogramming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programmin
          g+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=pUnPrY01tNTjZVkDEHkvYQ>

          > > ------------------------------

          Thank you so much; that really worked, but now there's another
          problem, small I hope!!
          When you hover over a day, the popup window opens on the top left
          corner of the page as opposed to the place where you rolled over the
          mouse pointer.
          Check http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html

          What do u think might be the problem?!

          Thank you
        • James Gratton
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
            > Thank you so much; that really worked, but now there's another
            > problem, small I hope!!
            > When you hover over a day, the popup window opens on the top left
            > corner of the page as opposed to the place where you rolled over the
            > mouse pointer.
            > Check http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
            >
            > What do u think might be the problem?!
            >

            > Thank you

            Probably because you have this line
            <SCRIPT language=javascript src="overlib.js"></SCRIPT>
            in the body of the text and not in the head. Cut and paste it ABOVE
            the line
            <SCRIPT language=javascript src="js_output.js"></SCRIPT>
            This should solve the problem, but you may also need to use the LEFT
            command in some areas.
            Regards, Jim.
          • wkohlani
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
              --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "James Gratton" <jim@...> wrote:

              > > Thank you so much; that really worked, but now there's another
              > > problem, small I hope!!
              > > When you hover over a day, the popup window opens on the top
              left
              > > corner of the page as opposed to the place where you rolled over
              the
              > > mouse pointer.
              > > Check http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
              > >
              > > What do u think might be the problem?!
              > >

              > > Thank you
              > >
              > Probably because you have this line
              > <SCRIPT language=javascript src="overlib.js"></SCRIPT>
              > in the body of the text and not in the head. Cut and paste it
              ABOVE
              > the line
              > <SCRIPT language=javascript src="js_output.js"></SCRIPT>
              > This should solve the problem, but you may also need to use the
              LEFT
              > command in some areas.
              > Regards, Jim.

              No!! It's still stuck to the upper left corner of the browser
              window!! That is really weird!
            • James Gratton
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
                --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "wkohlani" <wkohlani@...> wrote:

                > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "James Gratton" <jim@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > Thank you so much; that really worked, but now there's another
                > > > problem, small I hope!!
                > > > When you hover over a day, the popup window opens on the top
                > left
                > > > corner of the page as opposed to the place where you rolled
                over
                > the
                > > > mouse pointer.
                > > > Check http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
                > > >
                > > > What do u think might be the problem?!
                > > >

                > > > Thank you
                > > >
                > > Probably because you have this line
                > > <SCRIPT language=javascript src="overlib.js"></SCRIPT>
                > > in the body of the text and not in the head. Cut and paste it
                > ABOVE
                > > the line
                > > <SCRIPT language=javascript src="js_output.js"></SCRIPT>
                > > This should solve the problem, but you may also need to use the
                > LEFT
                > > command in some areas.
                > > Regards, Jim.
                > >

                > No!! It's still stuck to the upper left corner of the browser
                > window!! That is really weird!

                Your web does page show it still in the upper left corner, yet when
                the code is downloaded and tried in several browsers it works
                correctly, but Firefox javascript console does show 12 errors, so it
                looks if you will have to wait until the guru (Bob Boughner) comes
                back.
              • wkohlani
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
                  --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "James Gratton" <jim@...> wrote:

                  > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "wkohlani" <wkohlani@> wrote:

                  > > left
                  > over
                  > > the

                  > > > Probably because you have this line
                  > > > <SCRIPT language=javascript src="overlib.js"></SCRIPT>
                  > > > in the body of the text and not in the head. Cut and paste it
                  > > ABOVE
                  > > > the line
                  > > > <SCRIPT language=javascript src="js_output.js"></SCRIPT>
                  > > > This should solve the problem, but you may also need to use
                  the
                  > > LEFT
                  > > > command in some areas.
                  > > > Regards, Jim.
                  > > >

                  > > No!! It's still stuck to the upper left corner of the browser
                  > > window!! That is really weird!
                  > >
                  > Your web does page show it still in the upper left corner, yet
                  when
                  > the code is downloaded and tried in several browsers it works
                  > correctly, but Firefox javascript console does show 12 errors, so
                  it
                  > looks if you will have to wait until the guru (Bob Boughner) comes
                  > back.

                  Thank you! I guess I will wait for the gurus!!
                • Robert E Boughner
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 1, 2006
                    --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "wkohlani" <wkohlani@...> wrote:

                    > Thank you! I guess I will wait for the gurus!!

                    I can't tell you anything about your page because when I open it in
                    Netscape 7.2 it doesn't show anything. I am getting these error messages:

                    Error: missing variable name
                    Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js
                    Line: 3287, Column: 4
                    Source Code:
                    var final = '';

                    and then a bunch of messages like:

                    Error: buildCal is not defined
                    Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
                    Line: 27

                    which may be a reflection of the first error above because all of your
                    javascript code hasn't been downloaded. Correct the first error and
                    then go on from there.

                    Just what statements do you use to call the popup? I notice that even
                    for later months of the year (like October, November, etc) the popup
                    is still fixed at the top left corner. You aren't using FIXX/Y are
                    you by any chance?

                    Typically, when the popup appears in the upper left hand corner it
                    means that overlib is not capturing the mouse's position and it
                    defaultd to its initial values which are m_x = m_y = 0 (the upper left
                    hand corner). Are you by chance using some other javascript on your
                    page that is grabbing the onmouseover event? If you then that may
                    explain your problem. I don't have the time at present to try to sort
                    through your code to help you figure out what is going on. If you
                    could condense your page to the bare minimum that displays the problem
                    and let us see that page then I may be able to help you out some more.

                    Bob
                  • wkohlani
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 3, 2006
                      --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@...>
                      wrote:

                      > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "wkohlani" <wkohlani@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thank you! I guess I will wait for the gurus!!
                      > >

                      > I can't tell you anything about your page because when I open it in
                      > Netscape 7.2 it doesn't show anything. I am getting these error
                      messages:

                      > Error: missing variable name
                      > Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js
                      > Line: 3287, Column: 4
                      > Source Code:
                      > var final = '';
                      >
                      > and then a bunch of messages like:
                      >
                      > Error: buildCal is not defined
                      > Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
                      > Line: 27
                      >
                      > which may be a reflection of the first error above because all of
                      your
                      > javascript code hasn't been downloaded. Correct the first error
                      and
                      > then go on from there.
                      >
                      > Just what statements do you use to call the popup? I notice that
                      even
                      > for later months of the year (like October, November, etc) the
                      popup
                      > is still fixed at the top left corner. You aren't using FIXX/Y
                      are
                      > you by any chance?
                      >
                      > Typically, when the popup appears in the upper left hand corner it
                      > means that overlib is not capturing the mouse's position and it
                      > defaultd to its initial values which are m_x = m_y = 0 (the upper
                      left
                      > hand corner). Are you by chance using some other javascript on
                      your
                      > page that is grabbing the onmouseover event? If you then that may
                      > explain your problem. I don't have the time at present to try to
                      sort
                      > through your code to help you figure out what is going on. If you
                      > could condense your page to the bare minimum that displays the
                      problem
                      > and let us see that page then I may be able to help you out some
                      more.

                      > Bob

                      I checked the source code at that line, but there seemed to be no
                      problem at all!

                      No, i'm not using the fixXY thing. I ultimately want to use only one
                      calendar for one month only!

                      If u view that page in FireFox you will see how perfectly it works
                      there, i just don't know why it's not working that way with IE.

                      Check one calendar at
                      http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
                      Source files can be downloaed at
                      http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/overlib.js
                      http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js

                      Please have alook and tell me what's wrong, if possible.

                      Thank you!
                    • Robert E Boughner
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 3, 2006
                        --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "wkohlani" <wkohlani@...> wrote:

                        > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "wkohlani" <wkohlani@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Thank you! I guess I will wait for the gurus!!
                        > > >

                        > > I can't tell you anything about your page because when I open it in
                        > > Netscape 7.2 it doesn't show anything. I am getting these error
                        > messages:
                        > >
                        > > Error: missing variable name
                        > > Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js
                        > > Line: 3287, Column: 4
                        > > Source Code:
                        > > var final = '';
                        > >
                        > > and then a bunch of messages like:
                        > >
                        > > Error: buildCal is not defined
                        > > Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
                        > > Line: 27
                        > >
                        > > which may be a reflection of the first error above because all of
                        > your
                        > > javascript code hasn't been downloaded. Correct the first error
                        > and
                        > > then go on from there.
                        > >
                        > > Just what statements do you use to call the popup? I notice that
                        > even
                        > > for later months of the year (like October, November, etc) the
                        > popup
                        > > is still fixed at the top left corner. You aren't using FIXX/Y
                        > are
                        > > you by any chance?
                        > >
                        > > Typically, when the popup appears in the upper left hand corner it
                        > > means that overlib is not capturing the mouse's position and it
                        > > defaultd to its initial values which are m_x = m_y = 0 (the upper
                        > left
                        > > hand corner). Are you by chance using some other javascript on
                        > your
                        > > page that is grabbing the onmouseover event? If you then that may
                        > > explain your problem. I don't have the time at present to try to
                        > sort
                        > > through your code to help you figure out what is going on. If you
                        > > could condense your page to the bare minimum that displays the
                        > problem
                        > > and let us see that page then I may be able to help you out some
                        > more.
                        > >
                        > > Bob
                        > >

                        > I checked the source code at that line, but there seemed to be no
                        > problem at all!
                        >
                        > No, i'm not using the fixXY thing. I ultimately want to use only one
                        > calendar for one month only!
                        >
                        > If u view that page in FireFox you will see how perfectly it works
                        > there, i just don't know why it's not working that way with IE.
                        >
                        > Check one calendar at
                        > http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test5.html
                        > Source files can be downloaed at
                        > http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/overlib.js
                        > http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js
                        >

                        > Please have alook and tell me what's wrong, if possible.
                        >

                        > Thank you!

                        Yes, I see that its working okay in FireFox. However, I still can't
                        tell you why its not working in IE. Incidentally if you look at the
                        Javascript console in Firefox its reporting the following error:

                        Error: Unknown property 'text-overflow'. Declaration dropped.
                        Source File: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/esstyle.css
                        Line: 110

                        I've said before I don't have time to sort through this code to see
                        what is going on. You put up a page that has just one month, like
                        October or November in it and hard code it so that we can see the
                        source code rather than a document.write because that is where all the
                        time will be spent trying to find out what you're doing. (All of your
                        calendars appear to be generated by calling

                        buildCal(12 ,curyear, "main", "month", "daysofweek", "days", 1)

                        This function I assume is in js_output.js. I just don't have time to
                        try to sort through this code to figure out what it is that you're
                        doing wrong. The only thing that I can suggest is that you start
                        putting in some javascript alerts to output the values of some your
                        variables to see if you can find where the problem might be.

                        Bob
                      • wkohlani
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 4, 2006
                          wrote:

> [...]
                          > Line: 110
                          >
                          > I've said before I don't have time to sort through this code to see
                          > what is going on. You put up a page that has just one month, like
                          > October or November in it and hard code it so that we can see the
                          > source code rather than a document.write because that is where all
                          the
                          > time will be spent trying to find out what you're doing. (All of
                          your
                          > calendars appear to be generated by calling
                          >
                          > buildCal(12 ,curyear, "main", "month", "daysofweek", "days", 1)
                          >
                          > This function I assume is in js_output.js. I just don't have time
                          > try to sort through this code to figure out what it is that you're
                          > doing wrong. The only thing that I can suggest is that you start
                          > putting in some javascript alerts to output the values of some your
                          > variables to see if you can find where the problem might be.

                          Don't u think I did that?! I checked all the outputs but to me there
                          seemed to be no problem at all.

                          Can anyone else help?!!

                          This is the page: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test4.html
                          Source Codes are :

                          http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/overlib.js
                          http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js

                          Thank you so much!!
                        • John Reeher
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 4, 2006
                            wkohlani,

                            As I mentioned before you document.write makes it very hard to debug.  But what I did was to set the value of the textarea equal to buildCal(curmonth ,curyear, "main", "month", "daysofweek", "days", 1);

                            Then I just cut and paste the contents of the textarea into a new HTML document.

                            There is a syntax problem with the contents returned by buildcal, in that you have an extra </div> at the end that seems to float.

                            However, this doesn't cause a problem with overlib, just thought I would point it out to you.

                            The problem is in your js_output.js file.  When this file is included on the page, the position of overlib is always the upper left corner.  With this file not included (but using hte static content I used above) your calendar works just fine.   Of course, like you I have also witnessed that this is an IE problem and it doens't exist in FireFox.

                            Anyhow, I did some brief troubleshooting but I did't figure out why when your js file is included overlib stops positioning the div correctly.  I'll leave this to you to troubleshoot further, because I do not have time to go through this file line by line.   But my suggestion is to literally comment out everything in js_output.js and then slowly un-comment things until you observe the "break".  Then you'll know what piece of code is causing the problem.  Maybe then we can give you some better answers.

                            Regards,

                            John

                            wrote:

> [...]
                            > October or November in it and hard code it so that we can see the
                            > source code rather than a document.write because that is where all
                            the
                            > time will be spent trying to find out what you're doing.  (All of
                            your
                            > calendars appear to be generated by calling
                            >
                            > buildCal(12 ,curyear, "main", "month", "daysofweek", "days", 1)
                            >
                            > This function I assume is in js_output.js.  I just don't have time
                            > try to sort through this code to figure out what it is that you're
                            > doing wrong.  The only thing that I can suggest is that you start
                            > putting in some javascript alerts to output the values of some your
                            > variables to see if you can find where the problem might be.
                            >
                            > Bob

                            Don't u think I did that?! I checked all the outputs but to me there

                          • p_gilzow
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
                              I concur with John. After using savegenpage
                              (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2262/) and then removing the
                              referneces to your js_output.js file, I loaded up the page in IE.
                              Overlib now works exactly as it should. It's definitely something in
                              your js_output.js file that is screwing things up.

                              Here's a screenshot of it working properly in IE

                              http://www.missouri.edu/~gilzowp/images/overlib-prob.gif

                              the bigger question, which is outside of the scope of this user group,
                              is why are you offloading all this work onto the viewer's browser?
                              Instead of using javascript and making the client's browser do all the
                              work, why not have a server-side script generate the necessary html
                              and serve up a finished file? then the only thing the client's
                              browser would have to do is manipulate the overlib divs.

                              language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Basic+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=p2tsb9F38_BRtgYd-Lrx9w>
                              > > programming
                              language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=C+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=s417rQDhIfEJWoylZxl7QQ>
                              Computer
                              > > programming
                              languages<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+programming+languages&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=QgdknWHEB-7BcpDElLJcYw>
                              The
                              > > c programming
                              language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=The+c+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=DSnZ2EFeZa_krjnfz_P5vQ>
                              C++
                              > > programming
                              language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=C+++programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=IvzvhTPnaj_LFsbqs2knAg>
                              Software
                              language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=pUnPrY01tNTjZVkDEHkvYQ>

                              > > ------------------------------

                            • wkohlani
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 5, 2006
                                --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "p_gilzow" <yahoo.com@...> wrote:

> [...]
                                anguage&c=6&s=193&.sig=DSnZ2EFeZa_krjnfz_P5vQ>
                                > C++
                                > > > programming
                                > language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                t=ms&k=C+++programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+pr
                                ogramming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+program
                                ming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programming+lan
                                guage&c=6&s=193&.sig=IvzvhTPnaj_LFsbqs2knAg>
                                > Software
                                > > > programming
                                > language<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
                                t=ms&k=Software+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2
                                =C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=The+c+pr
                                ogramming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Software+programmin
                                g+language&c=6&s=193&.sig=pUnPrY01tNTjZVkDEHkvYQ>

                                > > > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms

                                Thank you!! I tried the link you gave for generating the HMTL, then
                                I tracked the problems. It turned out that I was using a reserved
                                word in one my arrays; namely, event[], i changed it and everything
                                worked fine.

                                However, the page still does not work on Safari although I have the
                                latest version of overlib.

                                It's not displaying anything at all on Safari.

                                This is the page: http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/test4.html
                                Source Codes are :
                                http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/overlib.js
                                http://www.nmsu.edu/~waleed/calendar/js_output.js