Re: problem with location of popup - PROBLEM SOLVED!

  • Robert E Boughner
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2006
      --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "linda56302002" <lvmoorhouse@...> wrote:

      > Great - thank you!
      >
      > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "Robert E Boughner" <reboughner@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In overlib@yahoogroups.com, "linda56302002" <lvmoorhouse@>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I thought I'd let you know that Xavier at DHTML solved the
      > problem
      > > > for me. I moved the overlib code from the header to the body,
      > after
      > > > the DHTML loader code, and it works! Thanks to all of you for
      > your
      > > > help. Linda
      > > >

      > > Glad you got it figured out. That's the way to normally get it to
      > > work but I didn't suggest that because you had your menus being
      > loaded
      > > from within the body and I didn't want to mention it until I had a
      > > chance to look over what you've done. Personally I would put all of
      > > the javascript code in the HEAD section, the order would be your
      > Menu
      > > system first followed by overlib. I'll still try to look at your
      > page
      > > over the weekend and suggest to you how to go about arranging
      > things.
      > >
      > > Bob

      Linda,

      I glanced at your page and have come to the conclusion that the way
      things are organized now is the way that it has to be. That is
      because your menu system employs a document.write to insert a call to
      its supporting javascript routines and overLIB must be called after
      that. It could probably be rewritten to make use of W3C DOM methods to
      eliminate the document.writes but I didn't explore that option since I
      don't have the time right now. If a DOM-related procedure can be used
      then it can be called via an onload handler on the BODY tag. If I
      come up with any thing I'll let you know.

      Oh BTW, do you require support the Netscape 4.x? That would be nice
      to know.

      Bob