Re: [oL] anyone use overLib with image maps

  • Leon Cych
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1 12:04 PM
      OK - managed to get Overlib to work with imagemaps - could be useful for
      diagrams.

      I put a test page up at:

      http://dfee.org/colour/colour.html

      Anyone know how I could make this code faster to load - am I putting the
      JavaScript in the right place?

      Hope people find this useful.

      Leon

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1 6:27 PM
        Leon Cych wrote:

        > OK - managed to get Overlib to work with imagemaps - could be useful for
        > diagrams.
        >
        > I put a test page up at:
        >
        > http://dfee.org/colour/colour.html
        >
        > Anyone know how I could make this code faster to load - am I putting the
        > JavaScript in the right place?
        >
        > Hope people find this useful.

        when I look at this page in Netscape 4.74 all I get when I mouse over the image
        is a change of the cursor to a hand. I get no popups appearing. I notice that
        there are two body tags defined in your file. I would remove the first one and
        put the definition of the overDiv DIV after the second body tag (the one with
        bgcolor set).
        When at look at this site with IE5.01 your popups appear fine. With a recent
        build of mozilla (build ID: 2000112020) I get nothing and the hand cusror only
        appears when I mouse over the upper left hand corner.
      • Leon Cych
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2 10:34 AM
          Thnaks for the feedback. I'm up against time on the project I'm working on
          so this is very useful.

          Best Wishes,

          Leon Cych

          > > OK - managed to get Overlib to work with imagemaps - could be useful for
          > > diagrams.
          > >
          > > I put a test page up at:
          > >
          > > http://dfee.org/colour/colour.html
          > >
          > > Anyone know how I could make this code faster to load - am I putting the
          > > JavaScript in the right place?
          > >
          > > Hope people find this useful.
          >
          > when I look at this page in Netscape 4.74 all I get when I mouse over the
          image
          > is a change of the cursor to a hand. I get no popups appearing. I notice
          that
          > there are two body tags defined in your file. I would remove the first
          one and
          > put the definition of the overDiv DIV after the second body tag (the one
          with
          > bgcolor set).
          > When at look at this site with IE5.01 your popups appear fine. With a
          recent
          > build of mozilla (build ID: 2000112020) I get nothing and the hand cusror
          only
          > appears when I mouse over the upper left hand corner.

          > Homepage: http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/
          > Archive: http://www.egroups.com/group/overlib

        • Rob Barnett
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 20 7:25 AM
            --- In overlib@egroups.com, "Leon Cych" <dfee@b...> wrote:
            > OK - managed to get Overlib to work with imagemaps - could be useful for
            > diagrams.
            >
            > I put a test page up at:
            >
            > http://dfee.org/colour/colour.html
            >
            > Anyone know how I could make this code faster to load - am I putting the
            > JavaScript in the right place?
            >
            > Hope people find this useful.
            >
            > Leon

            Leon, I just followed your above link on my NS 4.76 equipped Mac and
            didn't see any tooltips over that imagemap. - Rob B.