O-2A Project for Sale

  • Mike Whaley
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2005
      Hi all,

      There is a Cessna O-2A Skymaster, plus a spare parts airframe, in Florida
      that is available for sale for a very reasonable price. The O-2 is NOT
      flyable... it's definitely a project airplane. I have confirmed that the
      plane is actually an O-2A (it has the wraparound left-side window, dorsal
      intake, glass doors and extra window on the right side, and hardpoints on
      the wings) with what appears to be two freshly-rebuilt O-360s. The second
      airframe may be a C-336 and it's apparently become a cannibalization
      airframe for the O-2 project. The downside is that there are no logbooks and
      I just found out where to tell the owner to look for the dataplate, so I
      don't yet know the serial number or if the data plate is even there.

      As I understand the story, someone defaulted on paying the rent on their
      hangar space, so the airport took it over. The contents were abandoned, and
      our hero bought it all... with the stipulation that it's removed within ten
      days. Thus, there is a time crunch on this!

      Anyway, he got these projects for a reasonable price and would like to sell
      them to someone else for a reasonable price. If you're willing to go get it
      and pay a reasonable price (I won't even speculate on what a reasonable
      price for this stuff *is* and I don't know what he's expecting to get for
      it) please email me directly at merlin@... and I'll put you in
      touch ASAP.

      I've attached a couple of representative pictures of the airplane... have a
      few more I can send you upon request.

      -Merlin

      Mike Whaley merlin@...
      Webmaster, OV-10 Bronco Association