Broncofest V Update

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 7:41 PM
      Hi folks,

          We are down to just about 6 weeks until Broncofest V.  Lots of activity here getting ready for the big event.

          First order of business is the nominations for Bronco Buster award.  So far, we have three nominees; Jim Bloomberg, Gordy Evans and Chuck Burin.  I will shortly close nominations and send out a ballot, so if you have anyone else in mind, please send along your nomination.

          Also, we have formed an ad hoc committee to consider folks for a new award, a Lifetime Achievement Award.  We haven't fully finished  developing this award or how many recipients will be named.  The single consideration we all agree on so far is longevity or how long someone has worked on or with the OV-10.  So, please submit people for consideration of this new award and recognition for a lifetime of service to the OV-10 community.  The recipients will receive a personal plaque and their names will be added to a composite recognition plaque.  Please send nominees for this award to me at txavi8or@....

          The rooms we have reserved are filling, so if you haven't registered yet, please do so soon.  We also know that some of you can't make the whole weekend, so please consider coming for the BBQ lunch on Saturday and the aircraft dedications.  Either way, send in the attached registration form.

          Details are also available on the web site at www.ov-10bronco.net.

      Best regards,

      Jim

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19 2:40 PM
        Hi folks,

            We are down to just about one month to Broncofest V and we have good news and bad news to report.

            Here is the good news.  Over the last couple of months an enormous amount of work has been done in preparation of your Broncofest activities.  You have seen glimpses of the Mockup, Scooby and other thinks.  Work continues and there will be a number of fun surprises in store for all of you.

            By now, OBA members should also have gotten word  of voting for this year's Bronco Buster Award.  If for some reason you are having trouble with Yahoo, you can vote directly to me, for Jim Bloomberg, Chuck Burin, Rick Clemens, Melvin Clouser or Gordy Evans, but here is the link.

            Yesterday we had a good turn out at the Cowtown Warbird Roundup.  The Vintage Flying Museum put on a well organized event.  It was hot and clear.  I would estimate 25 to 30 airplanes participated.  "Scooby" was on display and was very popular.  Many of our local members helped out around the Readyroom, PX and aircraft displays.

            Now, the bad news, but maybe not that bad.  Due to a number of circumstances beyond our control, we have had to move the venue for Broncofest V.  Originally we were to be located at a new Amerisuites in old town Fort Worth.  As of Thursday, they informed us they would not be able to provide the rooms that had been promised.  Carolyn Petty did some of the finest scrambling I have seen in a while, and sweet talked us into a Holiday Inn very close to the museum.  We are still working out the details, but room rates will remain the same.  The location is well suited to our activates.  We are reviewing transportation options to local tourist sites and the like. The silver lining to this is a greater availability of rooms.  The Holiday Inn is not wide open, but they do have more rooms than we were able to get at the Amerisuites.

            I have attached the registration form, do a pen and ink change wherever you see Amerisuites to Holiday Inn.  Please get your registration in soon if you plan to attend.

            Please keep in mind too, if you can only make one day, Saturday is it.  I spoke with the President of the Bird Dog Association yesterday and they are planning a max effort to get airplanes in for the BBQ lunch and dedications. Lunch activities are scheduled from 1000 to 1600 Saturday.  Please register, so we know how many to expect for lunch.  The fly in alone will be worth the trip.  Boomer has at least 15 FAC airplanes planned to attend.

            One more note.  If you are planning to arrive early and go on the Lockheed tour,  we will need to submit an attendees list to Lockheed Security NLT COB on 8 July.

            The following information is required:
            A.  US citizens:  full name
            B.  Non-US citizens: full name, country, and passport#.

            That's it for now.

        Cheers,

        Jim Hodgson