RE: [OBA Member] We Have Our Bronco

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      Not airworthy.  Has been cannibalized to some extent.  We don't think it was ever modified or flown by CDF.  That is both good and bad.  We think it is still in VMO-2 gray paint.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        Mike,
        You can't be old when the planes you flew are still in service and working.  In December I took photos of 2 D+ being refitted for the Department of State.  Flew both of them as A's (155481 and 492).

        Check us out at www.ov-10bronco.net for membership information.

        Semper Fi
        Hostage IGOR
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
          Ok grandpa's you can BS some of the people some of the time.  Gordy try as you may, out do this.  For 19mo. and 7days that plane and I were close, Heck I even slept with her in the revetments from time to time.  She with my help brought you all home safely, and for that I will forever be grateful and it was an Honor and privilege. I thank you for letting me be a part of something special.
             If you would scratch her just aft of the Mail shute, she would roll over and purr like a kitten.  Bob still fits his flight suit, not like others who have become very large bundles of joy.  Igor in country we didn't use a siginal for stop-locks except with Lt's and then only once.  You's guys knew how to fly the airplane and we didn't have time for lolly-gagging around.
          Your P/C ARM Pitt
        • Les & Barb
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
            Howdy My Fellow Bronco Supporters,

                 I am really excited we have our "Bird" identified and soon on her way "home".  The recollection of Buno's 155481 and 492 brought to my mind that, during my memorable years with VMO-1, I flew backseat in 155425 and 155427 (and rest of the squadron).  What I find unique is the birds I flew bracketed #426. Oh by the way, 155425 spent part of its "life" as a "Black Pony" with the Navy.  I will long remember the morning I went to work and saw a white bottomed-flat black Bronco sitting on the hanger deck.  ..."Where the heck did this one come from?"...  As long as I live the memory of my years with VMO-1 will be held as my best years in the Corps!

            Semper Fi to all,
            Les Serman

            Checking my logbook, I discover a single entry in December '75 for BuNo. 155426.  2.2 hours of TAC(A) out of Futenma to a target on some unpronouncable island to the west of Okinawa.  Since I was out of the cockpit for a FAC tour with 3/9, I was getting my semi-annual minimums and did most of the stick work while the guy in front (Downing) worked the bombers.
            This makes the third airplane in a museum that's also in my logbook.  Am I old yet?
            Mike Hardaway

            Contact the OV-10 Bronco Association at 800-575-0535, or mail us at 505 NW 38th St, Hangar 33s, Ft. Worth, TX 76106.  The OV-10 Bronco Association is a non profit organization open to any interested party - we value your support and participation!  Visit our website at http://www.OV-10Bronco.Net for the latest OV-10 and OBA news and information, updated frequently.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
              Hey,

                  Since Arm has such an intimate relationship with 426, maybe we should just restore him and make him part of the display?

              Jim

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4, 2005
                Message
                Hi Gene,

                    If you would like to help, you can send a gift to:

                OV-10 Bronco Association
                505 NW 38th Street
                Hangar 33s
                Fort Worth, TX 76106

                    Or you can fax credit card info to 817 488-8170.  That is a private number and it is secure.  We are setting up a PayPal donation method but don't have that yet.

                Thanks,

                Jim Hodgson