OV-10D NOGs Documentary

  • scaleaero
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi Guys:

      I met many of you last year at Broncofest after years of
      communication and receiving unselfish contributions to documentation
      for my 1/6th replication of 155395, one of two original D's which
      prototyped the NOGs program.

      During my quest for D NOGs data, I discovered the D NOGs virtually
      hidden under a rock. Even the OBA web site has little to no data on
      the D, much less 155395 and 155396 the apparent origin of the D
      program. I found photo "bits and pieces" showing 155395 and 155396
      particpating in the original NOGs evaluation with initial FLIR and M-
      197 and fewer photos of the final M-197/FLIR configuration(s)as they
      were used in prototyping "what appears to be" the D+NOGs/NOS SLEP
      program.

      Jami, my daugher, is a MFA graduate student at NTU in Denton, North
      of Fort Worth, pursuing her career in film. Jami expressed interest
      in my FAI World Championship pursuit with replication of 155395. She
      wants to do a documentary on OV-10D/155395/NOGs/NOS and my pursuit to
      replicate the aircraft and qualifying as member of the USA FAI Scale
      Team competing at the FAI Scale World Championship in 2006.

      Jami's proximity to the museum presents an opportunity for both she
      and OBA to produce a documentary on the D and OBA's pursuit/ultimate
      goal to acquire OV-10 A,B,C,D,and F.

      I post this invitation here because there are a lot of people reading
      these posts who know what needs to be shared with others so we will
      know the entire story of our beloved Bronco(s). These repositories of
      OV-10 history rarely reply to posts.

      You are the OV-10D/D+/NOGs/NOS story. You were directly or indirectly
      associated with 155395 and its M-197/FLIR D/D+ program and now have a
      chance to tell a here-to-fore untold story.

      Jami can be contacted via email at: jami@...

      Ed Clayman
      ScaleAero.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        Ed,

            Fire away.  We would be glad to work with your daughter on this project.  You are correct, there is precious little out there on the NOGS and D.  Most of the Desert Storm people haven't engaged with us and there were too few people involved with the NOGS.

            We have recently agreed to work with Turner Publishing to do a book on the OV-10.  The D and NOGS are important additions to this work.

            Have Jami get in touch with us and lets press on.

        Regards,

        Jim Hodgson

[...]

        Contact the OV-10 Bronco Association at 800-575-0535, or mail us at 505 NW 38th St, Hangar 33s, Ft. Worth, TX 76106.  The OV-10 Bronco Association is a non profit organization open to any interested party - we value your support and participation!  Visit our website at http://www.OV-10Bronco.Net for the latest OV-10 and OBA news and information, updated frequently.