Bronco Assocaition Founders Day - Correction

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2003
      Folks,

          Our automatic message system has been sending out reminders of the OBA birthday celebration on July 10th.  that is in fact our official birthday.  However, it is not when we will celebrate our birthday this year.

          Founders Day will be Saturday, July 19th from 1000 to 1400 at the museum.

          We have a number of things planned for young and old.

          We will start with a presentation by Col. Knox Bishop, Curator of the Museum of Flight in Dallas, on the history of flight in Texas.  (The Wright Brothers might not have been first at Kitty Hawk).  Following that, we will have a catered BBQ lunch, (BYOB),  Then the CAP will will lead a hands on workshop of building flying things followed by a contest for furthest flying model.  We are trying to arrange for some airplane rides as well.

          A highlight of the event will be a preview tour of our new expanded exhibit space and Bronco Readyroom.  Of course there will also be the exhibits of Vintage flying Museum featuring "Chuckie" the B-17 Flying Fortress.

          The PX will also be open and we will have door prizes and a raffle or two.  It should be a lot of fun.

          Do you have an airplane?  If so, you are welcome to fly in.  We have plenty of ramp space, just let us know to expect you.  so far, we are expecting an O-1 birddog, a Stearman and an L-17 Navion.

          The festivities will all take place at the Vintage flying Museum in Fort Worth's Meacham Field at 505 NW 38th Street, Hangar 33s.  That is the big yellow hangar on the south side of the field, just off Main Street.  I've included a map for you as well.

          All this fun and fellowship for only $20 for adults and $10 for kids under 12.  Please let  us know if you are coming so we can have enough food for everyone.  I need head count by Monday the 15th, that is just one week from today.

          Looking forward to seeing you then.

      Best regards,

      Jim Hodgson
      OBA Executive Director

      PS    There are only 95 days and a wake up until Bronco Fest IV, October 10-12.  Have you registered yet?

      map