OV-10D on display at Melbourne (FL) Airport tomorrow 11/2/02 !!!!

  • Mike Whaley
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2002
      Bronco Viewing Opportunity!!

      Sorry for the late notice, just found out today.

      For any of you near the East Coast of Florida... the State Dept. has one of
      their OV-10D Broncos on static display at the Melbourne Airport
      Extravaganza, which is at the north side of the Melbourne International
      Airport. The event is open from 10AM to 5PM on Saturday. I believe that
      parking is $5. The Bronco on display is BuNo 155436, US Civil registration
      N615NA. This plane was with NASA until fairly recently, it now serves as an
      anti-narcotics training aircraft based at the State Dept. aircraft
      maintenance base at Patrick AFB. Unless they change things, the aircraft
      were not roped off so you could get right up close. There are also some
      other interesting aircraft on display including an English Electric
      Canberra, two O-2s, several T-6s, T-28s, and T-34s, and a Twinjet, a Harrier
      GR.2, and some other planes.

      (Speaking of other planes on display, if you can make it to the show, come
      by and say hi... check at the yellow and black Steen Skybolt on the east
      side of the display area where I am... we might have an impromptu gathering
      of the OBA's Florida Wing!)

      -Merlin

      Mike Whaley merlin@...
      Webmaster, OV-10 Bronco Association